Your spiritual wellness is important to us and is an integral facet to the way we care for the whole person – body, mind and spirit.
To request spiritual care services or more information, please call 414-425-4514.
Our ecumenical chaplaincy staff is here to offer comfort and spiritual support to you and your family during your stay. We understand that being in the hospital can be stressful and often gives you time to think about family, friends and significant experiences in your life. We also respect the many faiths and traditions of our patients and understand the need for sensitivity as you face important decisions.
Our on-call chaplains are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Chaplains and the spiritual services team can provide:
- Caring, confidential, and comforting conversation and listening
- Comforting presence
- Crisis intervention
- Emotional support
- Communication with caregivers
- Facilitation of spiritual issues related to advance directives and organ/tissue donation
- Facilitation of staff communication with families
- Grief support related to change, death, loss, or transition
- Education and training to our lay volunteers who provide spiritual care to the sick
- Spiritual assessment of patients
- Ritual, blessings, sacraments and prayer
- Skillful facilitation in the face of ethical questions
- Worship services
Patients, families and friends are welcome to use the prayer room located on the first floor off of the main lobby for quiet reflection, meditation and prayer at any time.
For more information about our spiritual services or Ascension chaplains, please call 414-425-4514.