To get great care for your everyday life, visit our convenient location where you’ll receive compassionate, personalized care.
At Ascension Via Christi, let us put our occupational medicine experience, knowledge and dedication to work for your company and employees. Our team approach focuses on injury prevention and wellness, early detection of work-related injuries, and case management and resolution.
Emergency hotlineAn emergency hotline is available for after-hours injuries. The employee is directed to the appropriate Ascension Via Christi location based on the severity of the worksite injury. This system helps provide timely care while ensuring employer preferences for post-accident drug testing.
We specialize in:
Ergonomics – fitting jobs to people
- Workstation analysis
- Identification of job-site risk factors
- Evaluation of employee work methods
- Job description analysis and creation
- Development of practices that increase productivity and employee safety
- Expert, on-site training of individuals or teams
Functional capacity evaluations -- measuring physical abilities compared to the job description.
- Measurement of an injured worker's abilities
- Evaluation of the client's level of effort
- Analysis of perceived functional abilities vs. actual abilities
- Testing of strength, flexibility, endurance and speed
- Reliable results to establish:
- Appropriate work restrictions
- Objective data for disability determination
- Maximum voluntary effort
- Work simulations, distraction-based tasks, and standardized and non-standardized tests
Employee health physicals
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Respiratory fitness
- Vision screening
Same-day clinic appointments for ill or injured workers (no appointment needed for initial acute injury treatment on same date of injury)
- Diagnostic appointments
- Treatment appointments
- Lab tests
- Employee-wellness plans
- Pain management
- Physician appointments for workers with excessive absences
Workplace wellness and education
- Risk factor screening for cancer, cardiac conditions, high blood pressure, obesity and other conditions
- Corporate wellness packages
- Hand Clinic
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Work Conditioning -- Return-to-work and other functional activities
- Job-specific conditioning activities monitored and measured by a therapist
- Activities to rebuild stamina and skills
Education -- Our team includes nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other specializes in occupational medicine. We routinely present wellness programs. For topics, contact us.
Drug testing -- You can rely on Ascension Via Christi to provide confidential, secure and reliable drug testing for your employees.
We can address all employee health and workers' compensation needs under one roof. Our program can help reduce your workload and address drug abuse, absenteeism, depressions, diabetes, obesity and other health risk factors.
At Via Christi we focus on your employee’s health and well-being by:
- Educating employees about healthy habits to help improve their health and reduce sick leave.
- Customizing health prevention measures to help decrease health insurance claims.
Ascension Via Christi is a network of primary care and specialty healthcare in Kansas. Together, we want to work with you to identify programs and services that are right for your company