Living Well with Diabetes
Diabetes Education at Ascension Sacred Heart Gulf in Port St. Joe, Florida
If you’re living with diabetes, you may be at higher risk for other health issues. Ascension Sacred Heart Gulf offers “Living Well With Diabetes,” a complimentary program designed to help you manage your diabetes. Led by a trained diabetes educator, you’ll learn the skills to better manage your condition through healthy living and making lasting changes.
Classes meet the fourth Tuesday of every month. If you attend an in-person class, know that we’re fully prepared for your safety in our care. You can also choose instructor-led sessions over the phone or via video conferencing.
The Living Well with Diabetes is a free community program provided by Ascension Sacred Heart Gulf designed to help community members manage type 2 diabetes.
- Living Well with Diabetes is a complete guide to taking care of your diabetes.
- Healthy Eating with Diabetes assists you in meal planning and making healthier food choices that help control your blood sugar and weight.
- Insulin Training teaches you about insulin pens, vials and syringes.
- Individual Sessions allows you to discuss topics and needs
- Follow-up Appointments help keep you up-to-date and healthy.
Our programs have been recognized by the American Diabetes Association and includes a Certified Diabetes Educator and Registered Nurses.
If you are interested in diabetes education at Ascension Sacred Heart Gulf, ask your physician to send a referral to us at fax # or you can call us at (850) 229-5620 for a self-referral.
For more information, please call us at (850) 229-5620