The St. Vincent House creates a home-away-from-home for St. Vincent patient families from around the state of Indiana and beyond.
Many of our patients come from long distances for treatment and stay for extended periods of time, including newborns in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to transplant, trauma and cancer patients. The St. Vincent House will provide a place to stay and amenities that are meaningful and needed during serious and sometimes life-altering healthcare events.
Volunteers may become engaged at the St. Vincent House by signing up for regular shifts to help with registration, hostessing, cleaning, gardening, organizing, program planning and serving our families. Volunteers will also be needed for special projects such as planting flowers, raking leaves, and organizing craft, meal and social activities for families.
Ways to Volunteer for the St. Vincent House
- Shifts available: 9 a.m.-12 p.m., 12 pm.-3 p.m., 3 p.m.-6 p.m., 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Greet and register families
- Must be at least 18 years old for this position, availability every other week would be ideal
- All regular shift volunteers will be asked to fill out a Volunteer Application, pass a background check and complete training.
- Ideal for larger groups, students needing service hours
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Cleaning the kitchens, courtyards and communal areas
- Assisting with craft or activity nights
- All one-time volunteers will be asked to sign an indemnity waiver
Magnificent Meal Makers
- Serving breakfast or dinner for the families
For additional information about volunteer opportunities, please contact Connie Cripe, Director of the St. Vincent House, at Connie.Cripe@ascension.org.