High-quality robotic gynecologic surgery
Women's health - gynecology
Lourdes Women’s and Children’s Services 607-798-5519
Lourdes Women’s and Children’s Services Lourdes Birthing Center
Having a baby is one of the most sacred moments in life. You need a hospital that is attentive to your individual choices for your baby's birth, a place where doctors, midwives and nurses support you and your family in developing a birthing plan to create your own personalized birthing experience. That is what you will find at The Birthing Center at Lourdes.
When you choose to have your baby at Lourdes, you become a part of our family-centered approach to maternity care. Lourdes offers you a highly trained, caring, maternity team with years of experience in delivering healthy babies. We consider birth as a profound emotional, social, and spiritual event and the care we provide touches the entire family. All of our nurses are certified in Neonatal Resuscitation. We want to get to know you and your family and be there for you from prenatal education right through delivery. Our facility provides a home-like environment. Each of our 11 birthing suites allows the family to experience the entire process of labor, delivery, and recovery in one spacious, PRIVATE room. At Lourdes we offer you a private room throughout your entire stay. Calm and relaxation prevail in all aspects of care.
Lourdes Hospital has received the Blue Distinction Center+ for Maternity Care designation, a new designation under the Blue Distinction Specialty Care program.
Blue Distinction Centers+ are healthcare facilities recognized for their expertise and efficiency in delivering specialty care.*
Join us for a tour!
Lourdes Women's and Children's Services invites expectant parents to join us for FREE tours of the Birthing Center. Moms and dads-to-be can get a look at the PRIVATE birthing suites and learn more about all of the benefits of having a baby at Lourdes.
Are You Ready To Be Pampered?
We offer special amenities to laboring moms and their families. To help make your stay with us as comfortable as possible we offer:
- Spacious rooms with a sofa-bed for birthing partner and enough room to accommodate an entire family.
- Whirlpool tubs with hand-held showers for relaxation and pain relief.
- Kitchen facilities for snacks and refreshments.
- Infant anti-abduction system.
- A fully equipped newborn nursery when baby is not rooming with you.
- Restaurant-style menu with a number of nutritional choices.
- Free Wi-Fi access
- A family-friendly waiting room includes comfortable furniture and toys.
- Babies Do Come With Instructions book.
- The support of caring professionals who want to make your birth experience the best it can be.
*Blue Distinction Centers (BDC) met overall quality measures for patient safety and outcomes, developed with input from the medical community. A Local Blue Plan may require additional criteria for facilities located in its own service area; for details, contact your Local Blue Plan. Blue Distinction Centers+ (BDC+) also met cost measures that address consumers’ need for affordable healthcare. Each facility’s cost of care is evaluated using data from its Local Blue Plan. Facilities in CA, ID, NY, PA, and WA may lie in two Local Blue Plans’ areas, resulting in two evaluations for cost of care; and their own Local Blue Plans decide whether one or both cost of care evaluation(s) must meet BDC+ national criteria. National criteria for BDC and BDC+ are displayed on www.bcbs.com. Individual outcomes may vary. For details on a provider’s in-network status or your own policy’s coverage, contact your Local Blue Plan and ask your provider before making an appointment. Neither Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association nor any Blue Plans are responsible for non-covered charges or other losses or damages resulting from Blue Distinction or other provider finder information or care received from Blue Distinction or other providers.
Lourdes Women’s Health Center
Hours of Operation
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - Monday - Friday. Appointments are required.
Our office is conveniently located on Shippers Road in Vestal. There's plenty of parking and wheelchair access. Our Shippers Road office is also accessible via BC Transit.
- Insurance cards must be presented at the time of visit.
- Co-payments are expected at the time of visit.
- All insurance companies require us to verify all identifying information when you present for each visit to prevent errors that might result in a rejection of payment by your insurer.
- Information about financial assistance is available by calling 607-798-5506 or 607-798-5229.
- Screening Mammography
- Diagnostic Mammography
- Breast Ultrasound
- Bone Densitometry
- Surgical Breast Consultations
- High Risk Breast Care Program
- Genetic Counseling
- Genetic Testing
- 3D Mammography Digital Breast Tomosynthesis
- Minimally Invasive Ultrasound Guided Vacuum Core Biopsy
- Minimally Invasive State of the Art Affirm Guided Stereotactic Biopsies
- 3D Tomography Guided Biopsies
Niru Anne, MD, FACS
Breast Specialty Trained Surgeon
Niru Anne, MD graduated from New York University, Summa Cum Laude and attended medical school at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. She completed her residency at North Shore University Hospital, part of Northwell Health, Manhasset, NY. Dr. Anne is board certified in General Surgery and was fellowship trained in Surgical Oncology at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY, includes specialized training in breast cancer surgery.
Dr. Anne is the Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery State University of New York, Syracuse, NY. She is involved in teaching medical students. Dr. Anne is the Clerkship Directory for the Fourth Year Elective in Advanced Surgical Techniques offered via SUNY
- Ultrasound and Ultrasound Guided Minimally Invasive Biopsy Certification from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. Dr. Anne is one of only 21 surgeons in New York State and the first in the Sothern Tier to obtain Breast Ultrasound Certification from the American Society of Breast Surgeons.
- Stereotactic Biopsy Certification from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. The Stereotactic Breast Procedures Certification program is based on the principles for the proper performance of stereotactic breast procedures as outlined in the Society's Performance and Practice Guidelines for Stereotactic Breast Procedures. Dr. Anne is one of 11 surgeons in New York State and the first in the Southern Tier to obtain Breast Stereotactic Biopsy Certification from the American Society of Breast Surgeons.
- American Society of Breast Disease, a professional medical society advancing multi-disciplinary breast care nationwide. Dr. Anne served on two national committees for this society, the Abstract Selection Committee (2011-2014) and the Breast Specialty Training Committee (2012-2015)
Areas of Expertise
Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign Diseases of the Breast, , High Risk Assessment, Genetic Counseling and Testing.
Breast Cancer Surgery, Nipple Sparing Mastectomy*, Onco-plastic Breast Surgery, Breast Conversation Surgery, High Risk Breast Cancer Reduction, Genetic Counseling and Testing, Benign Diseases of the Breast
Dr. Anne performed the first nipple sparing procedure in our region at Lourdes. We were one of few centers in 2012 to be part of the Nipple Sparing Mastectomy Registry Program.
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- American Society of Breast Disease
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Medical Society of State of New York
- Dr. Anne is elected Vice Chair for the Medical Society of State of New York, Organized Medical Staff Section (MSSNY OMSS). OMSS is MSSNY’s grassroots physician organization, composed of representatives from organized medical staffs in hospitals, group practices, and other physician organizations. OMSS ensures that control of the quality and safety of care, treatment, and services provided to patients resides with physicians.
- President, Broome County Medical Society, 2014-2015 (Re-elected for second term)
- President, Broome County Medical Society, 2013-2014
- Vice President, Broome County Medical Society, 2012-2013
- Broome County Health Advisory Board Member (Physician Representative)
- Chairperson, Physicians and Patients’ Information System. 11th Binghamton Symposium on Healthcare Management and Policy. Binghamton University, New York. October 2011.
- Physician Representative, Citizens Action of New York, Health Exchange with New York State regarding the Affordable Health Care Act. Oct 2012.
- Physician Panel, Binghamton University Healthcare Management and Policy, New York, March 2013.
- Physicians Foundation; MSSNY Medical and Scientific Foundation Leadership and Advocacy Seminar for young physician leaders. One amongst 25 Physicians across state of New York selected for the Seminar. Oct 2013.
- Chairperson, New York State Physician Work Force. 13th Binghamton Symposium on Healthcare Management and Policy. Binghamton University, New York. April 2014.
- Judge, Poster Symposium. Medical Society of State of New York, House of Delegates, Resident and Fellow Section. April 2014.
- Chairperson, Women Physicians Caucus, House of Delegates, Medical Society of State of New York. April 2014.
- Delegate, representing Brome County at the House of Delegates, Medical Society of State of New York, April 2014. Publications
- Anne N, et al. “Lymphoma of the breast; can be a mimic of inflammatory breast cancer”. World Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2011 Oct 11;9: 125.
- Anne N, et al. “Intra-ocular melanoma metastatic to an axillary lymph node: A case report”. World Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2011 May 27;9: 61.
- Hepqur M, Ahluwali MS, Anne N, et al. “Medical management of pneumatosis intestinalis in patients undergoing allogenic blood and marrow transplantation”. Bone Marrow Transplant. Sept 2010.
- Anne N, et al. “Idiopathic pneumatosis intestinalis of the small intestine”. American Surgeon. Nov 2008;74 (11): 1127-9.
- Pallapothu RK, Anne N, et al. “Malignant transformation in burn wound with a latent period of less than one year”. ANZ Journal of Surgery. 2008; 78: 329.
- Anne N, et al. “Gastrointestinal manifestations of graft-vs-host disease in bone marrow transplant patients”. Poster Presentation. American Society of Colorectal Surgeons Annual Meeting 2008.
- Anne N, et al. “Mid-sigmoid obstruction secondary to an adhesive band: A case report and review of literature”. Surgical Rounds. Jul 2007.
- K.J.Cohen-Kashi, Anne N, et al. “Spontaneous rupture of hypogastric artery aneurysm into the bladder: A case report and review of literature”. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 2006 Jan; 20(1): 134-7.
- Anne N, et al. “Inferior vena cava duplication and deep venous thrombosis: A case report and review of literature”. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 2005 Sep; 19(5) : 740-743.
- Anne N, et al. “Duplication cyst of the terminal ileum, an important consideration in the differential diagnosis of abdominal pain in infants”. Surgical Rounds. Sept 2005.
- Anne N, et al. “Spontaneous rupture of a thoracic duct cyst: A rare cause of chylothorax”. Surgical Rounds. Nov 2004.
- Patient Centered Care: Journey of Treating Breast Cancer
Lourdes puts you first, with friendly staff, leading-edge technology and a comfortable, welcoming environment. Our team is dedicated to making sure you're fully educated about your breast health and all the options available to you.
Our multidisciplinary approach to treatment and care is what separates us from others. From radiologist to oncologist to surgeon, each member of your expert team spends time with you to answer questions and give you a full understanding of your situation. Our doctors and specialists work closely together and with you to develop a comprehensive individual care plan that meets your needs.
The care you receive is provided by a team of professionals who have dedicated their careers to breast health. Our breast imaging professionals have decades of experience and all of our staff nurses are credentialed breast care specialists. In addition, our center routinely surpasses the national quality benchmarks for cancer care set by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
Lourdes is pleased to offer digital breast imaging services at locations that are convenient to you - at the Lourdes Breast Care Center on the Lourdes Hospital campus, at Lourdes Vestal, 3101 Shippers Road and throughout the community with our Mobile Mammography Vans.
We believe in keeping you informed whether you choose to receive same day results or prefer the convenience of receiving your results in the privacy of your home.
Schedule your mammogram now!
- Long term care relationships – sharing in your life story
- Risk reduction for women with an above average chance of developing breast cancer
- Spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and enhances health
Nationally Recognized Care
National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) Accreditation
We are nationally recognized by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) for providing exceptional breast care. This means you'll receive the highest quality breast care, and our patient outcomes prove it. In receiving this accreditation, the NAPBC finds that we demonstrate multidisciplinary, integrated, and comprehensive delivery of quality breast care.
- Minimally Invasive Breast Biopsy
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy, under research protocol
- Partial Breast Radiation, under research protocol
- Breast and Nipple Sparing Procedures
Lourdes now offers 3D digital mammography at the Lourdes Breast Care Center.
Lourdes Women’s and Children’s Services 607-798-5519