Rock On Pediatric Weight Management Program
Help your child discover that rock star inside of them! Don’t let an unhealthy weight keep them from doing the things they want to do.
Pediatric Weight Management Program
St. John Providence Children’s Hospital (located on the campus of St. John Hospital & Medical Center) offers a program designed to help your child develop healthy eating and exercise habits that will last a lifetime. The benefits are priceless….Your child will become healthier!
Our Pediatric Weight Management Program has an initial evaluation, twelve 75-minute weekly group sessions, follow-up assessment, and long-term follow-up evaluations.
This program is for children between the ages of 7 and 18 years, with a body mass index greater than the 85th percentile for age and gender.
St. John Hospital & Medical Center
Lower level, in classrooms A & C
Wednesdays, from 5:30 to 6:45 p.m.
St. John Medical Center, Macomb Township
Tuesdays, from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m.
Steps needed to be accepted into the program:
- Meet with your primary care physician and determine if you and your child are ready to make a commitment to this program.
- Work with your physician to complete a quick evaluation of your child’s health history.
- Complete the necessary labwork (your primary care physician will give you a lab order form.)
- Your physician will fax the form and labwork to our office. Once this is complete, we will call to schedule your initial assessment with our nutritionist, exercise physiologist, and social worker.
- Start the program and get on the path to health!
Get ready for adventure and join us! Talk to your physician today about your desire to get to a healthy weight and develop better nutrition and exercise habits!
Please call 313-343-7047 if you have any questions about this program.