Accredited Bariatric Surgery Programs
When you receive care at one of our hospitals, you are receiving care from an accredited bariatric surgery program.
The reason this is important is because the national medical society assessing these programs requires that hospitals meet rigorous standards of quality and patient safety. A bariatric surgery center achieves accreditation after an intense review process during which it proves it can maintain certain physical resources, human resources and standards of practice.
All accredited centers report their outcomes to the database of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP). MBSAQIP combines the exceptional standards of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery into a unified process to create one national accreditation standard for bariatric surgery centers. For more information, go to https://www.facs.org/quality-programs/mbsaqip or https://asmbs.org.
Ascension’s accredited bariatric centers in Michigan:
- Borgess Medical Center (the only accredited center in southwest MI) - register for a free weight loss seminar
- Ascension St. John Hospital, Detroit - register for a free weight loss seminar
- Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Madison Heights Campus - register for a free weight loss seminar
- Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus - register for a free weight loss seminar
- St. Mary’s of Michigan, Saginaw - register for a free weight loss seminar