Sports medicine care in Michigan
What is regenerative medicine?
Regenerative medicine is used to treat tissues in the body that have been damaged. Regenerative medicine treatments may include:
- Bone marrow aspirate concentrate (BMAC) injections
- Bursitis injection
- Cartilage restoration
- Prolotherapy injections for chronic tendon and joint condition
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy, an orthobiologic treatment
Start a conversation with a doctor at Ascension Michigan Sports Medicine and learn if regenerative medicine is right for you.
What are common overuse injuries?
An overuse injury is caused by repeating the same motion or overdoing an activity that puts too much stress on your muscles, ligaments, joints and bones. Overuse injuries often include muscle strains. Other injuries may include:
- Achilles tendinitis (pain in the back of the heel)
- IT band syndrome (common in cyclists and weightlifters)
- Little leaguer’s elbow (a growth plate inflammation)
- Patella tendonitis (Like jumper’s knee and runner’s knee)
- Plantar fasciitis (pain on the bottom of the foot)
- Shin splints
- Stress fracture (common in runners)
- Swimmer’s shoulder
- Tennis elbow
How to prevent muscle strains
Muscle strains can happen in seasoned athletes and active youth and adults. Whether you are doing an intense workout or enjoying your favorite activity, your muscles work efficiently when you scratch before and after. At Ascension Michigan Sports Medicine, we show you how to make adjustments to your exercise routine to fit your activity level, meet your performance goals and help prevent overuse injuries like muscle strains.