It's time for a good night's sleep
Sleep medicine specialists in Wichita
Our sleep medicine specialist, Dr. Hugh Wong, listens to understand you and your health concerns. Then, our care team works with you to create a care plan that’s right for you. We specialize in diagnosing and treating all types of sleep disorders.
Common adult sleep disorders include:
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome
- REM sleep behavior disorders
Signs of poor sleep quality often include feeling sleepy or tired even after getting enough sleep and repeatedly waking up during the night. Do you have symptoms of a sleep disorder, such as snoring or gasping for air? Our sleep medicine care team can help.
Sleep disorders can affect your health
Sleep disorders can affect your physical and emotional health. Our doctors and registered sleep technologists provide diagnostic sleep studies at our two sleep centers in Wichita:
We also offer clinic locations in Manhattan and Pittsburg. These tests help our care team understand how your breathing, napping and nightly sleep routine may be affecting your heart, lungs and brain.
Diagnostic sleep tests help improve treatment
During your first appointment at the sleep center, our board-certified sleep medicine doctor provides a thorough evaluation and determines if a sleep study is right for you. Our sleep center provides testing options for adults. At Ascension Via Christi, our care team performs different sleep lab studies, including:
- Overnight sleep study, also called a polysomnogram: We monitor you overnight in our sleep lab. This test is used to diagnose sleep disorders and to determine the effectiveness of treatment.
- Maintenance of wakefulness test: This sleep study is a daytime test and monitors your breathing, brain activity and wakefulness during four separate 40-minute sessions. Our care team assesses your ability to stay awake, especially in jobs that affect day and night-time shifts, for example commercial drivers, pilots, or swing shifts.
- Multiple sleep latency test: The daytime sleepiness test monitors you during five separate napping sessions. The test evaluates how quickly you fall asleep and your stages of sleep.
- Imaging and laboratory tests: Our care team may recommend specific medical imaging studies or blood tests.
- Home sleep study: We offer in-home sleep studies. Our care team meets with you and provides instructions for the bedside setup. After you complete the sleep study, return the device to the office.
Sleep disorder treatments
Our doctor and care team provides treatment options, including continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) treatment. At Ascension Via Christi, our care team provides full-service CPAP and bi-level positive airway pressure (BiPAP) equipment, supplies, and masks. The equipment is of the highest quality and our registered respiratory therapists spend time customizing your particular device for your needs. The respiratory care team works closely with our sleep medicine doctors to monitor your CPAP or BiPAP therapy effectiveness. Our sleep disorder and respiratory care teams provide supportive care to help manage your symptoms and improve your health.
Other adult sleep disorder treatments may include: