Memory care and senior health services for you
Senior health programs for memory care in Indiana
Understanding the cause of your memory loss is important for your health. We’re here to help. In Indiana, at Ascension St. Vincent sites of care, we offer neurology and senior health services. Our care team focuses on providing you and your caregivers options for health aging. We listen to understand you and your health concerns. Then, we work with you to create a care plan that’s right for you.
Understanding the cause of memory loss
Neurologists, neuropsychologists, geriatric medicine doctors and senior health specialists provide specialty care for older adults experiencing memory loss. We diagnose and treat health conditions common in older adults, including:
- Anxiety and depression
- Balance problems, Parkinson’s disease
- Chronic illness and medication management
- Failure to thrive, eating imbalances
- Memory loss, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Nerve pain
- Sleep disorders
Post-acute care services focus on transitional care medicine
Our care team helps coordinate your follow-up care after being discharged from the hospital. This service is called post-acute care services. We know it can be stressful to leave the hospital and wonder how you will do it all on your own. You don’t have to. Ascension St. Vincent care coordinators explain how your primary care team will be monitoring your health. With your doctor's recommendation, we’ll also identify the best place for you to continue the healing process. Learn more about senior care and post-acute care services.
- Acute inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRF) for stroke, brain and spine injuries; after joint replacement surgery; and other conditions. Some IRFs are in hospitals and others are at stand-alone acute rehabilitation centers. RHI-Indianapolis and Ascension St. Vincent are partners in Indianapolis only. Ascension St. Vincent provides in-hospital IRF locations in Anderson, Evansville, Indianapolis, and Kokomo.
- Dementia and memory care case management with neuro-psychology and geriatric medicine evaluations
- Durable medical goods to help improve home care and mobility
- Home health care with skilled nursing and rehabilitation, physical therapy
- Remote care monitoring, called telehealth, used to provide transitional care following discharge from the hospital
- Skilled nursing and swing-bed program
- Wellness and fitness, classes and workshops for seniors