Helping families keep kids safe and healthy
Safe Kids Wichita Area Coalition
Safe Kids Wichita Area Coalition, a member of Safe Kids Worldwide, is dedicated to preventing accidental childhood injury to children through age 14.
Locally, Safe Kids Coalition has:
- Established biweekly community car seat checkups.
- Donated car seats to low-income Wichita-area families.
- Sold bike helmets at reduced cost through area organizations.
- Donated smoke detectors to local health departments for low-income families with children.
- Provided child safety brochures and information at safety fairs and to local groups conducting child safety activities.
- Initiated funding and facilitated construction of new crosswalks and pedestrian safety signs near Harry Street Elementary School.
- Provided over 20,000 fireworks safety cards through area fireworks stands.
- Educated on average 3,000 area students on fire and burn safety during Fire Prevention Week.
- Collaborated with Wichita Police Department in providing bicycle safety clinics during the summer.