OB-GYN and maternity care services
Maternity Care in Southeast Wisconsin
Our OB and maternity care teams deliver compassionate, personalized care to you and your family. Prenatal education starts at the first appointment. We listen to understand you and your health concerns. Then, we create a pregnancy and birthing plan that’s right for you.
Maternity care teams include OB-GYNs, neonatologists, anesthesiologists and certified nurse midwives. Our nurses specialize in prenatal care, education and birthing services. We work with you and your family to support the well-being of you and your baby. If health concerns arise, we have advanced technology to help treat all types of maternal-fetal and newborn conditions — from routine to high-risk pregnancies.
You and your baby’s health is our priority
Our maternity care specialists provide you with:
- High-risk pregnancy care including multiples
- Natural birth, labor and delivery options
- Newborn medical care on site, including special care nurseries and Level III NICUs at select sites
- Personalized birth options for your medical and emotional needs
- Prenatal care
Specialty care for high-risk pregnancy
For a high-risk pregnancy, our doctors and nurses specialize in managing health concerns at every stage, including:
- Diabetes during pregnancy (preeclampsia)
- Maternal health issues, such as high blood pressure, obesity, thyroid disease, heart or blood disorders and diabetes
- Multiple gestations (twins, triplets)
- Pregnancy after age 35
- Preterm labor
If your baby has a fetal health concern, our OB-GYNs and maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) doctors specialize in diagnosing, treating and managing conditions that may affect you and your baby’s health. We work with your primary care doctor to prepare for your labor and delivery. If your baby needs neonatal intensive care, we have board-certified neonatologists and an intensive care team that specializes in newborn medicine at our three Level III NICUs.
A family-centered birth experience
You and your baby’s safety comes first. All six Ascension hospitals in Southeast Wisconsin offer personalized birth experiences.
Anesthesia specialists, nurse practitioners, and certified nurse midwives can guide you through a vaginal birth, even if you had a cesarean section with your other children. Natural, holistic labor and delivery options are also available and include:
- Birthing balls
- Hydrotherapy tubs
- Squatting bars
- Water births (at select locations)
Our doors are open to every type of family. We are inclusive of all types of pregnancies including traditional and non-traditional. We are here to help you have a memorable birth experience. Private labor, delivery, and recovery suites include Wi-Fi and comfortable furniture for your partner and support group.
Postpartum care and family time
We encourage immediate post-birth bonding. Lactation consultants are available before, during and after delivery to help you with breastfeeding and your baby’s feeding schedule.
The best way to take care of your baby is to take care of yourself. That’s why at Ascension sites of care in southeast Wisconsin, we offer a range of women’s health services and pediatric care. Talk to your doctor to find the right care for you and your growing family.
Ascension sites of care in southeast Wisconsin
There are several Ascension locations in southeast Wisconsin offering OB and maternity services, specialty care nurseries and Level III NICUs.
- Ascension All Saints Hospital (Racine, WI)
- Ascension Columbia St. Mary's - Women's Medical Center (Milwaukee, WI)
- Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Ozaukee (Mequon, WI)
- Ascension SE Wisconsin – Elmbrook Campus (Brookfield, WI)
- Ascension SE Wisconsin - St. Joseph Campus (Milwaukee, WI)
- Ascension St. Francis Hospital (Milwaukee, WI)