Womens Health Is Our Focus and Priority
Ascension St. Vincent's Women's Health Services
Ascension St. Vincent’s obstetrics and gynecology services are for women of all ages and stages of life.
Five Lifesaving Tests for Women
From an early age, women are encouraged to undergo a series of preventive screenings. Ascension St. Vincent’s is passionate about helping women live longer, healthier lives.
Annually more than 4,000 women in the Jacksonville area give birth at one of our three Family Birth Place locations. We also have two Level II NICUs when a newborn needs immediate and specialized medical care. For more information contact the Seton Center for Women’s and Infant’s Health.
Ascension St. Vincent’s has gynecologists who are understanding, compassionate and focus entirely on women’s health issues:
- Annual female physicals and screenings, including breast health, cervical cancer screening (HPV and PAP testing) and all reproductive organs.
- Access to specialized testing for bone health and heart health assessments and testing.
- Adolescent gynecology
- Evaluation and treatment of abnormal menstrual cycles, including PMS
- Pre-pregnancy counseling and infertility testing
- Obstetrics (prenatal, labor and delivery and postpartum care)
- Treatment of sexually transmitted disease (STD)
Our doctors are also gynecologic surgeons and perform minimally invasive procedures with the da Vinci Robotic system, when appropriate, to treat:
- Cervical dysplasia
- Polycystic ovarian disease
- Uterine fibroids