Comprehensive Physicals for Busy Professionals
Executive Health Program at Ascension St. Vincent's in Alabama
The Executive Health Program begins with assigning you a medical concierge, who will contact you prior to your visit to discuss your needs and goals. Your medical concierge will also serve as your personal assistant throughout your stay, making sure your visit feels more like a day at a resort rather than a hospital.
To learn more or make an appointment, call 205-408-6600.
Nick Saban recommends St. Vincent’s One Nineteen
Because your privacy is important, your stay with us is a day away from crowded waiting rooms and busy offices. Our staff of doctors, nurses, technologists, registered dietitians, and exercise specialists will be scheduled with efficiency.
All doctors are board certified and licensed in internal medicine. During personalized consultations, you will have the opportunity to ask questions, review your past health issues and develop a plan to improve your health.
You will get a complete written report of your diagnostic and lab test results and a summary of your physical examination results from your Executive Health doctor. You will also receive follow up from the doctor and medical concierge, giving you the opportunity to ask questions and discuss your results further.
Early Detection and Prevention
Your executive physical provides early detection of disease risks and valuable prevention measures for future health and wellness. Our comprehensive program is designed to screen for disease and risk factors in all the body’s systems.
What Your Executive Health Physical Includes
A thorough medical history and comprehensive physical examination:
Cardiac stress test and heart CT (calcium scoring) for screening cardiac risk factors
- Resting electrocardiogram (EKG) for heart function
- Lung CT to screen for lung disease and the presence of pulmonary nodules
- Abdominal ultrasound to detect abnormalities in the organs and vessels of the abdomen
- Hemoccult to detect gastrointestinal bleeding from tumors, polyps, ulcers or other causes
- Carotid ultrasound to screen for risk factors associated with blood vessel blockage and stroke
- DEXA bone density scan to measure the mineral density (calcium) in your bones, detecting the presence of osteopenia and osteoporosis
- Pulmonary function testing to evaluate lung capacity affected by diseases such as asthma, emphysema and lung cancer
- Audiometry to test for hearing loss
- Extensive lab testing for risk factors of diseases such as diabetes, cancer and heart disease
- Resting metabolic rate to determine your caloric and exercise needs
- Nutritional consult to evaluate your current eating patterns, as well as develop a healthy eating plan for your needs and goals
- Fitness assessment to test and define your levels of strength, flexibility and endurance, as well as prescribing a personal fitness plan
- Mammography on request
- Gynecology examination including a PAP smear to screen for cervical cancer
Also available at an additional charge:
- Colonoscopy to screen for GI disease such as polyps and colon cancer
- Physical therapy
- Medi-Spa treatments
- Consultation with medical specialist (ENT, Plastic, Orthopedic, OB/GYN, GI)
Following your diagnostic and lab testing, you will be served brunch in the Executive Suite. There will be time to read the paper, access our wireless Internet, make a phone call, or just relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
Also included in the Executive Health Program are specialty services designed to help you reach your wellness goals. Personal training, private yoga, and/or Pilates sessions can be scheduled. End your day with a relaxing massage or other spa service. Feel free to shower, use the sauna, relax in our steam room, and receive a complimentary beverage from our café.
One Nineteen Health and Wellness does not bill or collect from health plans (such as health insurers or HMOs). We do not investigate the coverage a patient may hold or what services may or may not be covered by the patient's health plan. Those are issues between the patient and their health plan provider.