Advanced care for heart failure in Nashville
When your heart is unable to pump blood properly, you may experience heart failure which is also known as congestive heart failure. Symptoms of heart failure include shortness of breath, fatigue and having swollen ankles, legs or stomach. At Ascension Saint Thomas Heart, our heart specialists provide you with advanced heart failure therapies. We start by listening to understand your health concerns. Then, we work together to create a care plan that’s right for you.
Heart failure monitoring and treatments
Doctors and care teams at Ascension Saint Thomas Heart deliver personalized care at every stage of heart failure. Each year, we provide care to more than 7,000 heart failure patients using evidence-based care plans. Our treatment options include:
- Cardiac transplant program
- Mechanical circulatory support
- Medical management including remote patient monitoring
- Medication therapies
- Remote hemodynamic monitoring and telehealth
Our nurses have specialized training in heart failure management and also provide education classes and support programs for you and your family.
Mechanical circulatory support for the heart
Mechanical circulatory support are devices that temporarily or permanently perform functions of the heart. We offer multiple support devices, including:
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Total artificial heart
- Ventricular assist devices (VAD)
Heart transplant program
If you have severe organ dysfunction or heart failure, we can help. Our care teams provide transplant options for organs such as your heart and kidneys. Early identification and intervention may help improve post-surgical outcomes and quality of life.
To learn about our cardiovascular clinical trials, talk to our advanced heart failure doctors and cardiac transplant coordinator.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Heart West
- Ascension Saint Thomas Heart Midtown
- Ascension Saint Thomas Heart Rutherford
- Ascension Saint Thomas Heart Clarksville
- Ascension Saint Thomas Heart Franklin
- Ascension Saint Thomas Heart McMinnville
- Ascension Saint Thomas Heart Knoxville
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, go directly to the ER or call 911.