Advanced care for leaky heart valves
Structural Heart and Valve Care in Michigan
For more information, call 866-501-3627, or request an appointment below.
Your heart has four valves that pump blood throughout your body. When a valve, chamber or the wall of the heart is damaged, it's called structural heart disease. Symptoms may include chest pains, shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, lightheadedness, fatigue, swollen ankles and feet.
Some adults are born with a heart defect that worsens with age. Heart damage can be caused by infections, radiation therapy and inflammatory conditions like lupus or rheumatic fever. Our cardiologists monitor risk factors for heart disease, including high cholesterol and blood pressure to help prevent heart valve damage.
At Ascension Michigan, we provide a range of diagnostic tests, including imaging to pinpoint leaky valves and cardiac ultrasound (echo) to check how well your heart functions. Our doctors and care teams work together to create a personalized treatment plan that’s right for you.
Specialists in structural heart and valve surgery
Heart and valve problems can cause heart attack or progressive heart failure. That’s why our team is ready to deliver emergency care when you need it most. Our network of heart specialists perform cardiac surgeries using minimally invasive techniques when possible. Some of our care includes:
- Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (thickening of the heart muscle)
- Irregular heart rhythm disorders (AFib)
- Left atrial appendage occlusion (Watchman)
- MitraClip™ for mitral valve repair
- Pulmonary and tricuspid valve care
- Thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR)
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
Offering minimally invasive heart valve replacement
We specialize in medication therapy and minimally invasive procedures to treat heart muscle damage. Transcatheter aortic valve replacements (TAVR) may help shorten your recovery time and lower the risk of infection.
Support services for your heart care needs
Our care team is here to support you before, during and after your surgery. We monitor your physical and emotional health and provide cardiac rehab and medication management.
At Ascension Michigan, we treat various stages and types of heart valve disease. We know every person is different. That’s why we listen to you to better understand your health needs. We work with you to provide compassionate heart care, close to home.
For more information or to request an appointment:
Ascension Genesys Hospital Structural Health Clinic - Please call Sharon Zielinski at 810-606-5567 or email email@example.com.
- Steven Brooks, DO - Cardiologist
- Scott Johnson, MD - Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Frederic Joyce, MD - Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Thomas Miller, DO - Cardiologist
- Abdulfatah (Abed) Osman, MD - Interventional Cardiologist
- Sunilkumar Rao, DO - Cardiologist
- Mark Stuart, DO - Cardiologist
- Frank Tilli, MD - Interventional Cardiologist
- Thomas Vanhecke, MD - Cardiologist
- Shukri David, MD, FACC - Interventional Cardiologist Physician Chair, Ascension MI Cardiovascular Service Line
- Wassim Nona, MD, FACC - Interventional Cardiologist Co-Director, Structural Heart Program
- Patrick Alexander, MD, FACC, RPVI - Interventional Cardiologist, Co-Director Structural Heart Program
- Nishit Choksi, MD, FACC - Interventional Cardiology
- Michael Lee, MD, FACS - Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Kristopher George, MD - Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Thomas Forbes, MD - Director, Adult Congenital Heart Clinic
- Peter Lee, MD, AMBS - Anesthesiologist
Ascension St. John Hospital Structural Heart Clinic - Please call Patrick Troy, Nurse Practitioner and Valve Clinic Coordinator at 313-343-4886 or email Patrick.Troy@ascension.org.
- Sanjay Batra, MD, FACS - Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery; Director of Structural Heart, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Thomas A. LaLonde, MD, FACC, FACP - Chief of Cardiology Interventional and Clinical Cardiology
- Thomas P. Davis, MD, FACC - Interventional and Clinical Cardiology; Director of Structural Heart, Division of Cardiology
- James R. Martin, MD, FACS - Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery; Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery Ascension Macomb-Oakland
- Gerald I. Cohen, MD, FACC, FASE - Director of Non-Invasive Cardiology, Interventional Echocardiography, and Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Theodore Schreiber, MD - Interventional Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Cardiology; Chief of Cardiology Ascension Macomb-Oakland
- Fouad Azoury, MD - Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Renee Bess, BS, RDCS, RVT, CCRP - Manager, Department of Cardiovascular Research
- Patrick Troy, MS, RN, AGACNP-BC - Minimally Invasive Structural Heart Clinic Coordinator
- Jill Kowalski, RN - Structural Heart Nurse Navigator
- Vishal Gupta, MD - Interventional Cardiology
- Frank Saltiel, MD - Interventional Cardiology
- David Martin, MD - Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Jerry Pratt, MD - Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Xiaoke Liu, MD - Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Min Luo, DO - Cardiology
- Ken Tobin, DO - Cardiology
- Michelle Miller, NP - Cardiology
Ascension St. Mary's Hospital Structural Heart Clinic - Please call Brandi Horgan, RN, Structural Heart Nurse Navigator at 989-907-8080 or email Brandi.Horgan@ascension.org.
- Peter Fattal, MD - Cardiologist
- Adebambo Kadri, MD - Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Safwan Kassas, MD - Interventional Cardiologist
- Vipin Khetarpal, MD - Interventional Cardiologist
- Chris Liakonis, DO - Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Asim Yunus, MD - Electrophysiologist