Cardiovascular Research and Innovation
Ascension Providence Heart Institute
Our physicians are on the forefront of cardiovascular research and innovative treatments. We are part of clinical trials offered at only select heart centers. By staying on the forefront of cardiovascular technology and advanced care, our patients benefit from our expertise and the latest robotic-assisted and minimally invasive technologies.
To make an appointment or learn more about our current clinical trials, call 866-501-3627.
- SPYRAL HTN Global Trial for lowering blood pressure with renal denervation
- Simplicity Study for resistant hypertension
- Medtronic CoreValve Study for aortic stenosis
- Medtronic Low Risk TAVR trial for aortic stenosis
- MagnaSafe registry for MRI-safe pacemaker use
- Simplicity study for resistant hypertension
The Heart Institute at Ascension Providence Hospital with campuses in Southfield and Novi is once again ranked as one of the nation’s top heart programs, according to an independent national study.
Ascension Providence is one of only 15 hospitals in the country ranked in the category of Teaching Hospitals with Cardiovascular Residency Programs by Watson Health. This is the 13th time that Ascension Providence Hospital has been recognized.
The Watson Health 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals study is an annual, objective, quantitative study that identifies the nation's best providers of cardiovascular care, based on publicly available data and a balanced look at clinical, operational, and financial performance metrics.
Specialty Clinics for CV Consults
Our consultative clinics are for patients with complex and challenging medical concerns. These cardiology and vascular specialists communicate with your referring physician about recommended treatments. Some (but not all) of the conditions we treat include:
- Adult congenital heart defects
- Amputation prevention concerns due to vascular conditions
- Atrial fibrillation and complex heart rhythm disorders
- Cholesterol values (extremely abnormal)
- Failure to respond to traditional medications
- Peripheral artery diseases
- Pulmonary hypertension
Preventing Heart Attack or Stroke
We offer many types of diagnostic tests to identify blood flow blockages that put you at risk for heart attack and stroke. Our Heart Scan is a painless test that scores the calcium buildup in the coronary arteries. Having this screening test gives you and your doctor information that can prevent a serious medical problem.
Cardiac Diagnostic Imaging and Non-Invasive Tests
- Holter Monitors
- Event Monitors
- Regular Graded Exercise Stress Test
- Nuclear Exercise Stress Test (Walking/Pharmacological)
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Dobutamine Echocardiogram
- ABI Studies
- Ultrasound of Carotids
- Ultrasound of Lower Extremities/ Arterial
- Ultrasounds of Renal Arteries