St Vincents Cancer Care Overview
St Vincents Supportive Cancer Services
Our cancer care team works together to diagnosis and treat of all kinds of cancers while providing ongoing survivorship care and support programs. We give our patients the added benefit of having Mayo Clinic medical oncologists conveniently located at St. Vincent’s Riverside Medical Center. Click here to learn more about the Mayo Clinic oncologists and services.
We understand that a cancer diagnosis can be confusing and overwhelming. Our team is your advocate. Their hearts are huge, and their knowledge is deep. Their team efforts translate into faster treatment, better outcomes and fewer details for you to coordinate.
Talk to a Nurse navigator
- Lung, brain and spine – 904-308-5864
- Breast – 904-308-3677
- Colorectal – 904-308-2625
- All other cancers – 904-296-5245
Other members of our extensive cancer care team:
- Certified cancer genetic counselors --904-308-4363
- Certified oncology dietitians for good nutrition and weight management – 904-308-7879
- Survivorship nurse navigators – 904-308-5856
- Certified medical oncology social worker helps you with the day-to-day challenges of living with cancer – 904-308-7050
Surgical Excellence Using Advanced Technology
The surgical oncologists perform many types of surgeries to remove cancerous tumor and treat disease. We specialize in catheter-based partial breast irradiation using the Mammosite targeted radiation therapy system. Robotic-assisted procedures are used to target the tumor and avoid taking healthy margin tissue. Cryosurgery techniques freeze unwanted tissue. Whenever possible, minimally invasive procedures using small incisions are done to improve recovery time. Radiofrequency ablation is used to destroy tissue using electrical current. Sentinel lymph node biopsy is a technique for the surgeon to detect the lymph node at risk of getting the cancer from the primary tumor.
Radiation Oncology has High-tech Advantages
Our highly experienced radiation oncologists work closely with your cancer care team to identify targeted, precision radiation therapies, including:
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Brachytherapy - High Dose Rate (HDR)
- Brachytherapy - Low Dose Rate (LDR)
- Computerized Treatment Planning
- Electron Beam
- External Beam
- Gamma Knife
- Radiation Therapy Radiosurgery to treat brain tumors
- HDR Radiation Therapy System
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Systematic radioisotopes
The linear accelerator proton beam and selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT) is available by referral.
Patient Stories and Annual Reportannual report.