Nationally Accredited Cancer Program
Southeast Michigan Cancer Center of Excellence
All St. John Providence Cancer programs are accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Hospitals - an honor only one in four cancer programs across the US receive.
When it comes to cancer, we’ll never stop fighting for you
All St. John Providence cancer programs are accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (COC) and the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Hospitals. Achieving these accreditations demonstrates that St. John Providence Cancer Center of Excellence offers high quality cancer care. Only one in four cancer programs at hospitals across the U.S. receive these special accreditations. It recognizes the quality of our comprehensive patient care and our commitment to provide patients with full access to all our medical specialists involved in diagnosing and treating cancer.
Receiving care at a COC-approved cancer program ensures that you will receive:
- The latest radiation therapy with stereotactic capability that improves accuracy and reduces treatment time
- A multispecialty, team approach to coordinate evidence-based treatment options
- Information about and access to clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to cancer-related information, education and support
- A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results and offers lifelong patient follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
- Quality care close to home
St. John Providence Breast Care Program is fully accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Care Centers (NAPBC). The NAPBC has a rigorous set of standards and survey process, and provides each breast center with a systematic way to critically evaluate the care provided.
St. John Providence Cancer Care Coordinators
When you choose St. John Providence for cancer care, you can trust that our primary goal is to help you find the physical and emotional strength that you’ll need to fight this disease.
With attention to caring for your body, mind and spirit, we’ll help you focus your strength on your well-being. That process begins by understanding the support and care you need—and getting it—as simply as possible. It starts with one phone call to a St. John Providence Cancer Care Coordinator at 866-246-4673.
From helping you find the best doctor to scheduling appointments at the location most convenient for you, no task is too large or too small for our Care Coordinators. They can even assist you in speaking directly with a Nurse Navigator if you have questions about your care. Plus, you can call as often as you like.
Cancer Care Coordinators will:
- Provide resources for general inquiries and information
- Connect you to Nurse Navigators for clinical information and questions
- Schedule and coordinator your diagnostic appointments
- Connect you to financial counselors for assessment and assistance
- Schedule your consultations
- Call you with appointment reminders and follow-up for missed appointments