A lung cancer CT screening could save your life
Lung cancer screenings in Northwest Florida
Today, lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer in the United States with about 225,000 new cases diagnosed each year. When caught early, lung cancer is highly treatable. New studies have shown that low-dose CT screening for high-risk individuals can result in a 20% increase in survival from lung cancer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Screenings
Who can benefit from a lung cancer screening?
- Adults between the ages of 50-80
- Current smokers, or those who have quit smoking in the last 15 years
- 20 pack-year history of smoking (to calculate pack years smoked, multiply the number of packs smoked per day by the number of years smoked)
What is a Low Dose CT scan?
CT lung screenings use an x-ray generating device that rotates around your body and a powerful computer to create cross-sectional images of the inside of your lungs. The scan helps find cancerous nodules early, often before the disease has spread beyond the lungs. The test is non-invasive.
Do I need a referral?
Referrals are not required for this screening.
How can I schedule a screening?
Please call 850-416-LUNG to schedule your screening today.
Lung Screening Locations
- Ascension Sacred Heart Medical Park at Airport Boulevard in Pensacola, FL
- Ascension Sacred Heart Health Center at Summit Boulevard in Pensacola, FL
- Ascension Sacred Heart Health Center at Perdido
- Ascension Sacred Heart Health Center at Tiger Point in Gulf Breeze, FL
- Ascension Sacred Heart Health Center at Milestone on Nine Mile Road in Cantonment, FL
- Ascension Sacred Heart Emerald Coast in Miramar Beach, FL
- Ascension Sacred Heart Bay in Panama City, FL
Ascension Sacred Heart is now offering a new robotic-assisted technology that can help doctors diagnose and treat lung cancer earlier than previously possible. The Pensacola hospital is the first in Northwest Florida to have this technology.