Geriatric Unit Addresses Mood Disorders in Seniors
Mercy Hospital Geriatric Inpatient Unit
For Oshkosh and Fox Valley area residents, Ascension mental health specialists focus on the needs of seniors. We care about how these disorders may affect physical and emotional health. Our Geriatric Inpatient Unit at Ascension Mercy has special programs tailored to treating seniors. Our care team includes psychiatrists, psychologists, behavioral health nurses and social workers. We focus on restoring emotional support and a higher quality of life.
For more information, call 920-223-3532.
Our personalized team approach ensures good communication and compassionate care for all involved.
Our Geriatric Behavioral Health Team
We offer inpatient treatment for:
- Abuse (all types)
- Anxiety disorders (phobias, panic attacks)
- Failure to thrive and eating disorders
- Grief and loss issues
- Mood disorders, anger issues
- Relationship issues
- Thought disorders contributing to memory lapse
- Medication management
Our personalized treatments and resources for older adults include:
- Thorough assessments and evaluations by a team of specialists
- One-on-one counseling
- Group sessions with optional family-based meeting
- Occupational therapy
- Discharge planning and follow-up recommendations
Our goal is for better overall health and well-being.
As a related behavioral and mental health service, Ascension Mercy outpatient also offers Opioid Dependency Treatment Program that is adaptable to the needs of seniors.