Ascension Wisconsin Health Center - Mount Pleasant
What type of appointment would you like to book?
Delivering high-quality medical images
Our radiology care team at Ascension Wisconsin Health Center - Mount Pleasant is dedicated to making your experience as comfortable as possible. We explain what to expect and whether there are any dietary restrictions before coming in for your imaging test or procedure. Let our care team know if you or your child have special needs or concerns, so we can make arrangements to deliver testing that is right for you.
What to expect
A doctor’s referral is needed for all types of screening and diagnostic imaging tests. If you’re scheduling an appointment for a mammogram, let us know if you had a previous mammogram at a different imaging center. If so, please bring the CD report, or let us know so we can request the imaging report from the radiology group.
Multispecialty imaging services
Our radiology care team focuses on your needs. From chest X-rays and preventive health breast and lung screening tests to diagnostic testing for illness or injury, we deliver a wide range of tests and procedures using state-of-the-art technology. Our diagnostic radiologists use a secure digital network to communicate timely test results to your doctor.
- Breast imaging (3D mammograms)
- Diagnostic X-ray, fluoroscopy
- DEXA bone density scan
- CT scan (including low-dose CT lung screening)
- Nuclear medicine studies
- Ultrasound imaging
- Upper GI barium swallow esophagram
Many of our radiologists are also interventional radiologists. Those doctors are on the specialty care teams for heart and vascular health, breast cancer, lung cancer, other chronic and complex diseases. Interventional radiology procedures may include biliary drainage, PICC catheter or stent placement, embolization, radio-frequency ablation, dissolve dangerous clots, and procedures to open arteries and veins for better blood flow.
Personalized, compassionate breast screenings
Ascension Wisconsin delivers advanced digital imaging options, personalized for each patient. We provide breast ultrasounds, mammograms, biopsies and other screenings for women. Getting regular screenings may help find breast cancer early, when it is most treatable. That’s why it is important for women to get a mammogram every year, beginning at age 40. We’re dedicated to delivering care for your breast health that is right for you.
Get the screening that is right for you
Care teams at Ascension Wisconsin know that finding breast cancer early can help save lives. If your mother, sister, aunt or grandmother has been diagnosed with breast cancer, ask your doctor if you should have a breast screening test before the age of 40. For your convenience, you can schedule your mammogram online or by calling 414-973-7830. Before you make your appointment, please make sure you have your mammogram referral from your doctor and bring it to your appointment.
At Ascension Wisconsin, we provide comprehensive breast imaging, including:
- 3D Mammograms (Tomosynthesis): When used as a screening tool, this 3D imaging technology increases the overall detection of breast cancer and reduces the recall rate for screenings – which is a very important issue. Tomosynthesis is an imaging X-ray technique used for the early detection of breast cancer and can help find cancers in dense breast tissue.
- 2D Digital Mammograms: This low dose X-ray exam produces high-quality images. The digital image can be enhanced and magnified for optimal evaluation.
- Breast ultrasound: Uses sound waves to create images of the breast. These ultrasound images are referred to as sonograms. Breast ultrasound is a non-invasive test and can aid in diagnosing benign and malignant disease.