Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital
What type of appointment would you like to book?
How do I get to Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital and its affiliate campuses? What are visiting hours? What do I need to bring for my stay? These and many other questions are answered here.
If you have questions about your care that are not covered in this section, or need any additional information about the hospital, please check with your nurse or physician.
Visitors are always welcome at Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West. Each patient floor has a comfortable visitors' waiting area. In addition, a larger Family Waiting Area is available on the first floor between the Seton Garage and the Main Information Desk. Visitors are also welcome to get a breath of fresh air in our meditative garden located around the corner from the Discharge Lobby.
Only two visitors are permitted in a patient's room at a time. In some cases, a friend or family member may stay overnight using the recliner in your room. To obtain permission and an overnight guest pass, please speak with a nurse.
To reduce the risk of infection, children under 18 years old are not allowed on patient floors. No children under 18 years of age are allowed to visit Special or Critical Care except in extreme circumstances.
Daily 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
8:00 am to 9:30 am
11:30 am to 12:30 pm
3:30 pm to 6:00 pm
7:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Two visitors at a time. The primary support person is welcome to stay with the patient at all times.
Patients and guests can access the Internet through Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West's high-speed wireless network, which is available from anywhere in Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West.
To access our wireless network, you will need:
- Your own laptop, PDA or other wireless-enabled device with a standard Internet browser and WI-FI 802.11 b/g capability.
- A proper operating system (Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Mac, Linux)
Note: A card that displays WI-FI approval should perform well. Installation requirements for specific cards vary by manufacturer. Please follow the manufacturer's recommendations when installing your card. Default settings for most cards are set to accept broadcast SSID (Service Set Identifier).
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to install and use your internal/external wireless network card.
- Enable your wireless adapter.
- Select "Saint Thomas Guest" (case sensitive) as the SSID or network name.
- No WEP key is used. Turn encryption type to "off" or "disabled."
- Make sure the channel is set to auto.
- Make sure 802.1X authentications are set to "off" or "auto."
- Make sure the data rate is set to "auto."
- Make sure that the DHCP for your wireless adapter is on.
- Open your Web browser.
- Visit any website. You will be redirected to the Saint Thomas Health wireless login page.
- You will receive a warning about the website's security. Click accept, OK, continue, etc. to proceed.
- You will be asked to read and accept our Internet Use Policy.
- Click the check box to accept the policy and then click on the "log in" button.
Patients and guests are responsible for technical support of their own personal wireless devices.