Who We Are
The Saint Thomas Health pastoral care department is a group of dedicated APC/NACC Board-Certified chaplains, Clinical Pastoral Education students, and trained pastoral care volunteers from various faith traditions who serve throughout the entire system. At Saint Thomas Hickman we have one staff chaplain who serves all areas of the campus including the hospital, nursing home, and outpatient clinic and programs. As a department, we strive to minister to the spiritual and emotional needs of patients, families, and staff. We promote the dignity of persons through our mission-driven ministry and patient-centered care. We are advocates for those in our care and strive to support their goals, wishes, and wholeness.
What We Offer
- Visitation and support for patients and families coping with an illness, difficult diagnosis, crisis, rehabilitation, and/or grief and loss
- Support for a wide variety of spiritual, cultural, and religious needs
- Presence and support at a time of physical or spiritual crisis
- Presence and support when representatives from one's faith community are unavailable
- Spiritual and emotional support and conversation
At St. Thomas Hickman, spiritual care is available to persons in the hospital and nursing home as well as those receiving care from our clinic and senior care program. Patients and families may contact the chaplain by calling 931-729-1926. Additionally, staff may make a referral upon patient or family request.