During the COVID-19 Pandemic our visitor policies have been temporarily revised. Please see our current policies here.
Each patient has the right to determine who may and may not visit, including but not limited to a spouse, domestic partner, other family members or friends. Visitation and support are important in the healing process of our patients, but we also encourage rest to promote healing. It is essential for patients to receive necessary care and rest, and that caregivers be allowed to provide services efficiently. Therefore, the hospital provides guidelines for visiting patients.
Visitors are expected to comply with Lourdes policies while visiting our campus.
Please be aware of the following:
- Visitors must not interfere with the activities of the professional staff or hospital operations.
- Quiet should be maintained and visitors should not congregate in patient care areas.
- Visitors should not bring food to patients unless specially permitted to do so.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Non-Smoking Policy - Ascension Lourdes is a smoke free environment. Smoking is prohibited on all property owned or leased by Ascension Lourdes Hospital. Visitors must leave the property if they choose to smoke.
- Infection Control Policies and regulations - Visitors and other persons with respiratory diseases, or any sign of communicable infection, are not permitted to visit hospital patients. Visitors must wear proper attire and footwear. There may be times when visitors are required to wear protective clothing (gowns, gloves, etc.) to ensure their safety and the safety our patients.
- Weapons are prohibited. Under no circumstances are weapons allowed.
Non-compliance with any of the visitor guidelines or other disruptive behavior will result in the visitor being asked to leave.
To better communicate with you, it is helpful to designate a spokesperson. The spokesperson will be the contact person for the staff to discuss the patient's condition, and in an emergency we will call the spokesperson who can then notify others. Calls for information about your loved one should be made by the spokesperson.
If possible, try to avoid calling between 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM, as this is the time for change of shift report on your loved one. Our nurses will be busy caring for your loved one, and by having the spokesperson call and then communicate with others, allows more time for our nurses to care for our patients.
Free wi-fi is available throughout the hospital.
Lost & Found
If you lose an item while at the hospital, please talk to associate in the department where you think you lost the item. You can also call our Lost & Found at 607-798-5177.
Visions Federal Credit Union ATM is located on the ground floor. A Visions Federal Credit Union ATM is located on the ground floor of the hospital, across from elevators 1 & 2 (down the hall from the All Spice Cafe). The ATM is available 24/7.
You do not need to be a member of Visions Federal Credit Union to use the ATM, however, additional fees may apply. (Please direct all questions to Visions Federal Credit Union.)
Seattle's Best Coffee is Served in the All Spice CafeSeattle's Best Coffee is served in our All Spice Cafe, ground floor, during regular cafeteria hours.
All Spice Cafe Hours:
Open Daily 6:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Starbucks is served in the Ozanam Cafe.Starbucks Coffee is served in our Ozanam Cafe, on the ground floor of the Ambulatory Care Center, during regular Cafe hours.
Ozanam Cafe Hours:
Monday - Friday 6:30 AM - 6:30 PM