You’re in good hands! Ascension Lourdes has been recognized for quality patient care by many nationally recognized organizations.
- The American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP®) has recognized Ascension Lourdes Hospital as one of 66 participating hospitals that have achieved meritorious outcomes for surgical patient care. As a participant in this program, Ascension Lourdes is required to track the outcomes of inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures and collect data that directs patient safety and the quality of surgical care improvements.
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield has recognized Ascension Lourdes with a Blue Distinction® Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement designation as part of the Blue Distinction Specialty Care program. Blue Distinction Centers are nationally designated hospitals that show expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes, based on objective measures that were developed with input from the medical community. The Blue Distinction Centers+ for Knee and Hip Replacement program evaluates hospitals on quality measures for vaginal and cesarean delivery. To receive a Blue Distinction Centers+ for Knee and Hip Replacement designation, a hospital must also demonstrate cost-efficiency.
- Ascension Lourdes is accredited as a Comprehensive Center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®), a joint program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). As an accredited program we have demonstrated that our center meets the needs of our patients by providing multidisciplinary, high-quality, patient-centered care. This means our patients experience a program distinguished for its superior efficiency and safety.
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield has recognized Ascension Lourdes Hospital with a Blue Distinction® Center+ for Bariatric Surgery designation as part of the Blue Distinction Specialty Care program. Blue Distinction Centers are nationally designated health care facilities that show expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes, based on objective measures that were developed with input from the medical community. To learn more visit www.bcbs.com/bluedistinction
- Ascension Lourdes has been named a Screening Center of Excellence by the Lung Cancer Alliance (LCA) for its ongoing commitment to responsible lung cancer screening. Low dose CT screening for lung cancer carried out safely, efficiently and equitably saves tens of thousands of lives a year. Designated Screening Centers of Excellence are committed to provide clear information based on current evidence on who appropriate candidates are for lung cancer screening and to comply with comprehensive standards based on best practices developed by professional bodies such as the American College of Radiology (ACR), the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) and the International Early Lung Cancer Action Program (I-ELCAP) for controlling screening quality, radiation dose and diagnostic procedures within an experienced, multi-disciplinary clinical setting.
- Ascension Lourdes Hospital has received the Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for the treatment of stroke patients.
- Ascension Lourdes was given the highest star rating in the area by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The quality rating system is used to measure the quality of care at over 4,000 Medicare-certified hospitals across the country. You can use Hospital Compare to find hospitals and compare the quality of their care.
- Ascension Lourdes was recognized by US News and World Report as a Regionally Ranked Hospital, being ranked #21 in New York. Ascension Lourdes Hospital is rated high performing in 3 adult procedures and conditions: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Colon Cancer Surgery and Heart Failure.