What to Bring: Recommended Packing List
- Photo ID
- Insurance cards
- 6 shirts (no sleeveless shirts or tank tops)
- 6 pairs of pants or shorts (no short shorts)
- 6 pair of socks
- 3 to 4 sets of sleepwear
- 6 sets of undergarments
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Disposable or electric razor
- Shaving cream
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Non-aerosol, non-alcohol hair spray
- Laundry soap and dryer sheets
- Sensible walking shoes
- Light jacket or winter jacket (season appropriate)
- Sweatshirt or sweater
- Any prescription medications (in their original prescription bottles), including HIV medications
- Personal medical devices (TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) units, Oxygen concentrators, Nebulizers, C-PAP devices, Insulin pumps, Colostomy supplies)
Patients are limited to the items that can fit into one suitcase whose total dimensions do not exceed 9 inches by 18 inches by 24 inches (51 inches total). There are laundry facilities on site that allow patients to wash their clothes. This limitation applies for the duration of the patient’s stay, so any additional items brought by the patient’s family or friends after admission will be turned away.
All packaged products, such as toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, or dryer sheets must be newly purchased and unopened.
No outside food or beverages are permitted. Patients are offered three meals plus two snacks daily. The Serenity Gift Shop is available to patients where many assorted items can be purchased including single serving food and beverages. Accounts can be created for clients using a credit, debit or cash. Refunds at the completion of the program will be made to a credit or debit card only. No cash refunds are given. Food may not be stored on campus in suitcases or in patient rooms.
No clothing with references to drinking, drugs, gambling, or other inappropriate content is permitted.
All tobacco or nicotine products (including electronic cigarettes) are prohibited throughout the entire campus.