We're committed to our mission of serving as a healing presence with special concern for our neighbors who are vulnerable.
Among our hospital's features are:
- 40,000-square-foot Surgery Center, including state-of-the-art technology, including robotic-assisted, minimally invasive surgeries with the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System
- 3D mammography capabilities
- The Dr. M.K. Parsi Women's Center, which includes a level II nursery and central fetal monitoring system.
- The Ascension Via Christi Heart Center, which, supported by our newly renovated $2.6 million Cardiac Stepdown Unit, features a state-of-the-art catheterization lab. We also offer pediatric echocardiograms that allow us to provide ultrasound images of children’s hearts.
- Emergency Room recognized as a level III trauma center by the Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons
- Other extensive specialty service lines include diagnostics, physical therapy and occupational health
Accreditation and safety initiatives
Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and holds memberships in the American Hospital Association, the Kansas Hospital Association and the Catholic Health Association. Our hospital is currently training associates for our hospital to become a High Reliability Organization to increase safety for patients, visitors and employees.
Quality measure data for Ascension Via Christi Hospital may be found at the Hospital Compare website. Soon, Ascension Via Christi Hospital will also be voluntarily reporting safety data to the Leapfrog Group.
Ascension Via Christi serves patients with orthopedic injuries and conditions, including those affecting the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons and nerves. Our board-certified physician also provides care in an outpatient clinic setting, including comprehensive services for inpatient and outpatient physical rehabilitation.
Orthopedic services at Ascension Via Christi Hospital:
- Sports medicine injuries
- Workers compensation injuries