Ascension St. Vincent - Heart Center
proud of our physician owners
- Specialty Care
10580 North Meridian St
Carmel, IN 46290
What type of appointment would you like to book?
Personalized care for your heart health
Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center in Carmel, Indiana delivers specialty and 24/7 emergency care. We provide advanced surgical care for serious and life-threatening injuries and illnesses. Our care teams listen to understand your health needs and deliver care that's right for you. Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center is a destination for specialty care - including heart and vascular health, heart surgery and vascular surgery. We offer a wide range of minimally invasive procedures using robotic-assisted technology, imaging and lab tests, a dedicated inpatient rehabilitation center, all on one campus.
When you get care at our ER, a care concierge will work closely with your ER care team to make sure a personalized follow-up plan is in place before you leave the ER. As the only ER care concierge in Indiana, we can even schedule appointments with a specialist at a time and location that works for you.
Care for your everyday health needs
Our primary and specialty care doctors offer advanced care close to home. Learn more about our services and programs:
- Heart and vascular health
- Heart surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Aortic care
- Bypass, heart valve and other open heart surgery
- Cardiac catheterization
- Care for advanced heart failure
- Heart transplants
- Indiana Heart Attack Network (IHAN)
- Interventional cardiology (angioplasty, atherectomy and stents)
- Minimally invasive and robot-assisted heart surgery
- Pacemaker installation and replacement
- Port access surgery
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Radiology services (MRI, CT,ultrasound, general)
- Targeted diagnostic services
- Valve Care
- The Vascular Institute
- Women's Cardiac Risk Clinic
- Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center is ranked highest by CMS among other top hospitals.
- Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center of Indiana was recognized as one of six best hospitals in the United States for cardiology and recognized on the "World's Best Hospitals" list for 2020, 2021 and 2022. Our specialty hospital was one of five recognized in the United States and the only specialty hospital in Indiana.
- Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center is proud to be recognized as one of the top fifty cardiovascular hospitals in the United States by IBM Watson (2022). This award recognized Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center for better clinical outcomes, lower costs and greater efficiency.
- US News recognized Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center as one of the best specialty hospitals 2019, of which only 12% of hospitals achieved nationally.
- Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center has maintained a 5-star hospital ranking by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) since the inception of the star ranking program. This achievement was awarded most recently in 2021.
- Patient experience consistently ranks Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center 4 out of 5 stars, beating state and national averages in all questions except one. 86% of patients "would definitely recommend the hospital", beating the state (72%) and national average of (71%).
- Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center was a recipient of the computed tomography (CT) Quality Award in 2020, 2021 and 2022. Recipients of the CT Quality Award are determined based on metrics assessing the quality and adoption of a medical center's cardiovascular imaging program. Recipients of the award are included in the top 10% of global medical centers providing patients with a better pathway for identifying and understanding their heart health by utilizing coronary CTA.
Rural and Urban Access to Health (RUAH)
Rural and Urban Access to Health (RUAH) is a community-based care coordination program sponsored by Ascension Medical Group - St. Vincent. Inspired by the work of St. Vincent de Paul, the purpose of RUAH is to connect our friends, family and neighbors to a combined network of health, human and social services resulting in improved access to care and removal of barriers to needed resources. To speak with your local RUAH Health Advocate, call 317-338-4626.
Patient Education Materials for patients of Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center
If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency, go to the nearest ER or call 911.