Your child's healthy development is our priority. If you have concerns about your child's development, schedule a consultation with one of our pediatric specialists.
The goal of Early Steps is to connect your family with specialists and services to help your child develop.
Early Steps helps infants and toddlers:
- Make the most of everyday natural learning opportunities
- Be involved in as many of their family’s activities as possible
- Be supported while participating in community activities
Our service area is Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton counties.
To learn more about Early Steps, please visit earlystepsatsacredheart.org
To refer a patient, please fax to 850-299-0685.
The Early Steps Program at Studer Family Children's Hospital at Ascension Sacred Heart provides early intervention services to infants and toddlers who have developmental delays or a condition that may lead to developmental delays.
Some children may have developmental difficulties because they:
- Were born premature or with a health condition
- Can't walk without help for 15 months
- Can't use words by age two
- Have trouble seeing or hearing
- Have learning delays
Connected to specialists at Studer Family Children’s Hospital
When you choose Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Ascension Sacred Heart for your child’s care, your family has access to more than 120 board-certified pediatric doctors and specialists, including:
- Adolescent medicine
- Behavioral-developmental pediatrics
- Blood and cancer care
- Child psychiatry
- Craniofacial surgery
- Critical care
- Emergency medicine
- General and thoracic surgery
- Hospice and palliative care
- Hospitalist medicine
- Infectious diseases
- Ophthalmology (eye care)
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat)
- Pulmonology and sleep medicine