Dermatology and cosmetic skincare
Our board-certified dermatologist - Rahul Chavan, MD - at Ascension Sacred Heart diagnoses and treats skin diseases, and offers cosmetic fine line and wrinkle removal services. With locations in Pensacola, we offer advanced dermatologic care for adults. Our doctors specialize in skin cancer care and perform Mohs surgery and cutaneous oncology procedures. We listen to understand how your skin condition affects you physically and emotionally. Then we deliver a personalized care plan that’s right for you.
Our team recognizes that skin problems can be a symptom of a more serious health condition. At Ascension Sacred Heart, we are part of a network of primary and specialty care doctors. We work together to deliver care for your needs, including:
- Topical treatments, such as acne medications, prescription creams for eczema and psoriasis, creams for pre-cancerous lesions and skin cancers, cosmetic wrinkle removal creams and ointments.
- Systemic treatments, oral or injectable medications, including systemic steroids for a skin rash.
Our dermatologists perform procedures to biopsy and treat non-cancerous lesions and skin cancers. We specialize in the Mohs surgical technique and the surgical removal of:
- Benign lesions, such as non-cancerous moles
- Cysts (cosmetic or medically necessary)
- Basal cell, melanoma and squamous cell skin cancers
- Cryotherapy to freeze a wart or pre-cancerous growth
- Intense pulse light (IPL) treatments for hair removal and photodamaged skin due to premature aging
- Chemical peel procedures to help reduce acne scarring, wrinkles and discoloration
- Injectable Botox® and dermal fillers for anti-aging and rejuvenation
- Skincare consultations
Some types of skin conditions don’t require any treatment. We take the time to educate you about your skin condition so that you can help keep your skin as healthy as possible and apply the right skincare products. We offer screenings and diagnostic tests for many skin conditions including but not limited to:
- Skin cancer
- Allergies causing skin rash