Ascension Medical Group St. Vincent's Infectious Disease - Riverside
What type of appointment would you like to book?
At Ascension St. Vincent’s Riverside, our Infectious Disease Clinic delivers care to children and adults at all points of care - from the hospital to our outpatient facilities. Our doctors lead our hospital’s infectious control programs. We diagnose and treat highly contagious viruses and bacterial infections. Together with our critical care medicine doctors and nurses, we deliver compassionate, personalized care for your needs. Our Ascension St. Vincent’s Riverside care team helps you understand how to improve your hygiene to prevent the spread of germs and promote wound healing.
This location also specializes in Internal Medicine. These internal medicine specialists (also called internists) are here to diagnose and treat common illnesses and long-term conditions for those ages 18 and over. They will get to know you as a whole person, to help manage your everyday health as well as any complex conditions. Here you’ll find more information about our Internal Medicine specialty.
Infectious disease services
Our doctors and nurses at Ascension St. Vincent’s Riverside care for infections that are difficult to diagnose, include a high fever or don’t respond to treatment. We offer travel medicine for international travelers to help prevent illness from contagious diseases. Our doctors and nurses specialize in contact tracing to determine the source of the infection and potential spread of many diseases, including:
- COVID-19 and SARS
- Hepatitis A
- Influenza (seasonal or other flu)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Our doctors treat diseases spread by parasites, such as malaria, rocky-mountain spotted fever and Lyme disease. We are equipped to handle public health outbreaks and work with state and local public health officials to analyze environmental and occupational disease spread. For example, we work with your school, college or fitness center when an MRSA outbreak is connected to a sports team.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency, including high fever or shortness of breath, go to the nearest ER and call 9-1-1.
Preventing infectious diseases
Our care team shares family-centered education to help you prevent the spread of infectious illnesses. Tips include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Wear a mask if needed to prevent the spread of airborne germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, noses or mouth with your hands.
- Make sure your vaccinations are up-to-date.
- Prepare your food safely; cook meat to the required internal temperature and store all your food correctly.
- Don’t drink after others.
Our doctors and care team at Ascension St. Vincent’s Riverside provides a network of primary and specialty care. We listen to understand your health concerns. Then we deliver personalized care that is right for you.
Our Internal Medicine team at St. Vincent’s Riverside listens to your needs to assess your overall health and create a customized care plan for you. Our internal medicine specialists can help with any of the following:
- Common illnesses and injuries.
- Help managing ongoing conditions, such as arthritis, diabetes and heart disease.
- Preventative care and annual physical exams including screening for issues such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and some cancers.
- Adult immunizations.
- Help with issues like substance abuse and mental health concerns.
When advanced care is needed, we can refer you to the specialists that are right for you. Our goal is to support your total wellbeing--in body, mind and spirit.