The behavioral healthcare you need, when and where you need it
Our multidisciplinary team of licensed providers works together to help you overcome all types of mental health issues and psychiatric diagnoses. We collaborate with our primary care and specialty care physicians when appropriate to help you coordinate the care you need across the healthcare continuum.
In addition to 13 outpatient offices across North Florida and South Georgia, we offer virtual or telehealth appointments so that you can get the mental healthcare you need, when and where you need it - even from the comfort of your own home.
Behavioral health conditions and services
No matter what struggles you face, we’re here to offer hope and a commitment to helping you feel better. Our behavioral health treatment specialty areas include, but are not limited to:
- Adjusting to life changes (school, divorce, unemployment, retirement. disability)
- Anxiety disorders (general anxiety, social anxiety, phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorders, etc.)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Caregiver burnout and stress
- Child and adolescent issues
- Chronic pain
- Couple and family conflicts
- Emotional health (effectively managing your feelings, anger management, etc.)
- Grief and loss
- Life stressors
- Mood disorders (depression, dysthymia, bipolar disorder)
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD)
- Thought disorders (schizophrenia, psychosis)
- Self-image and gender-identity
- Senior and elder care issues
- Sleeping difficulties
- Substance abuse and addictions (alcohol, drugs, tobacco)
- Trauma focused treatment
- Women’s health (perinatal mood and anxiety disorder)
At your first appointment, our care team does a biopsychosocial assessment. We develop a treatment plan with you to provide personal, compassionate care in a non-judgemental environment. We strive to listen and understand your concerns. Behavioral health conditions can affect the entire family so in addition to individual treatment, we also offer family-centered care and counseling.
Serious and complex health problems may affect your mental health and how you manage pain. Our care team helps patients who are hypersensitive to pain or who experience depression while recovering from heart surgery, intensive critical care or cancer therapy. We are sensitive to the needs of seniors and how aging and dementia may affect your mental and emotional health. Together, we deliver care that helps improve your quality of life.
Our team of clinical and counseling psychologists offers comprehensive evaluations for autism and other childhood psychological disorders, pre-surgery evaluations for bariatric surgery, and assessment for spinal stimulation surgery.
Partial hospital and intensive outpatient treatment programs
At Ascension St. Vincent’s Southside, our intensive-outpatient and partial-hospital programs provide care for people who need more structure and intensity of services. If you or your family member needs a level of care other than outpatient, please see our information on PHP-IOP.
For life-threatening medical emergencies involving suicidal thoughts, potential drug overdose or self-harm, go to the nearest ER and call 9-1-1.