Ascension Providence Breast Center
- Cancer Care
- Specialty Care
6701 Airport Blvd Bldg B-W
Mobile, AL 36608
Monday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
What type of appointment would you like to book?
Ascension Providence in Mobile, Alabama, delivers breast screenings and mammograms for your breast health.
Personalized breast screenings
Ascension Providence delivers advanced digital imaging options, personalized for each patient. We provide breast ultrasounds, mammograms, biopsies and other screenings for women. Getting regular screenings may help find breast cancer early, when it is most treatable. That's why it is important for women to get a mammogram every year, beginning at age 40. We're dedicated to delivering care for your breast health that is right for you.
Get the screening that is right for you
Care teams at Ascension Providence know that finding breast cancer early can help save lives. If your mother, sister, aunt or grandmother has been diagnosed with breast cancer, ask your doctor if you should have a breast screening test before the age of 40. For your convenience, you can schedule your mammogram by calling 251-266-1196. Before you make your appointment, please make sure you have your mammogram referral from your doctor and bring it to your appointment.
At Ascension Providence, we provide comprehensive breast imaging, including:
- 3D Mammograms (Tomosynthesis): When used as a screening tool, this 3D imaging technology increases the overall detection of breast cancer and reduces the recall rate for screenings – which is a very important issue. Tomosynthesis is an imaging X-ray technique used for the early detection of breast cancer and can help find cancers in dense breast tissue.
- 2D Digital Mammograms: This low dose X-ray exam produces high-quality images. The digital image can be enhanced and magnified for optimal evaluation.
- Breast ultrasound: Uses sound waves to create images of the breast. These ultrasound images are referred to as sonograms. Breast ultrasound is a non-invasive test and can aid in diagnosing benign and malignant disease.
- Breast MRI: This is performed to aid in the diagnosis of breast cancer or breast symptoms. MRI allows us to see areas of concern that might not be visible under mammography or ultrasound.
- Stereotactic biopsy: This uses mammography technology for locating areas of concern. The radiologist obtains breast tissue samples that are then sent to the lab for the pathologist to analyze.
- Bone density tests (DEXA scan): This is performed to evaluate patients to find and treat osteoporosis and to help prevent fractures that can lead to disability.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy: This uses sound waves to help locate a mass and remove a tissue sample for examination under a microscope. This procedure is less invasive than surgical biopsy, leaves little to no scarring and does not involve exposure to ionizing radiation. This type of biopsy aids in the pathological diagnosis of benign and malignant breast tissue cells.
- SAVI SCOUT®: An innovative technology allowing our breast surgeons to more accurately pinpoint tumors before surgery.
Genetic testing and counseling
Genetic testing and counseling can help you understand your risk for certain types of cancer. The most commonly known genes linked to breast cancer are the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes. After counseling, you may choose to have genetic testing that can help determine if your family history of cancer is caused by a gene mutation.
You are considered to be a candidate for cancer risk assessment if you have a personal or family history of cancer. For more information about genetic testing, call 251-266-2852.
Breast health navigator
The Ascension Providence Breast Center offers a dedicated breast health navigator to help ease anxiety, provide education and support you and your family.
Our breast health navigator:
- Coordinates appointments
- Works with your doctor to create a personalized care plan
- Serves as your advocate during appointments
- Provides education and support
- Connects you to a support group and survivor network
- Helps communication between you, your family and your care team
If you are diagnosed with breast cancer, our navigator will help connect you with specialists at the Ascension Providence Cancer Center and will be available for you each step of the way. We're here to support you — from diagnosis to surgery, treatment, recovery and survivorship. There is no charge for navigation services.
For questions or assistance, please contact our breast health navigator at 251-266-2852.