Surgeons with Ascension Medical Group Providence provide specialized outpatient wound care. Wounds that are hard-to-heal and/or non-healing may be a result of pressure, trauma or infection. Sometimes, the simplest of wounds can turn into a significant problem due to underlying conditions such as diabetes, circulation problems or previous radiation treatment. Since non-healing wounds rarely result from a single cause, we treat the whole person, not just the wound.
Our team of experienced specialists will assess your symptoms, determine the underlying cause of your non-healing wound and customize the most effective treatment plan to stimulate healing.
Our treatment plans are designed to complement the care your primary care doctor or specialist provides, ensuring that your health care team is always working together to provide the most effective treatment that's right for you.
Conditions and treatments
If you are experiencing any of the following conditions, you could benefit from advanced wound care.
- Slow-to-heal or non-healing wounds
- Foot or leg ulcers or wounds
- Non-healing skin grafts or surgical flaps
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Lower leg ulcers due to venous/arterial insufficiency
- Chronic soft tissue infections
- Chronic bone infections
- Radiation tissue damage
- Conditions which could lead to amputation if not treated
Non-healing wounds can have serious health consequences and may adversely affect your quality of life. If you have a wound or an ulcer that is not healing, or any wound that is of concern, ask your physician for a referral to the wound care center or contact us directly for an appointment.
Advanced wound care may include:
- Diagnostic testing (can include vascular testing, blood tests, x-rays)
- Infection control
- Specialized dressings
- Debridement (removal of dead or infected tissues)
- Application of skin substitutes
- Compression therapy
- Tissue oxygen studies
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Patient education
- Nutritional evaluation and counseling
Even the most difficult wounds that have not responded to other treatments may see significant improvement with care that is right for you. Call today to find out how we can help you start healing.