Ascension St. Vincent's Diabetes Education Center - East
What type of appointment would you like to book?
Through classes or individual instruction, we teach self-management skills for controlling diabetes. Individuals with newly diagnosed diabetes or those having difficulty controlling their diabetes will benefit from diabetes education.
Our program includes:
- An individual assessment to tailor diabetes education
- Individual nutritional assessment and meal plan by a registered dietitian
- Individual instruction for insulin administration and home blood glucose monitoring if needed
- Advanced Class at 2-4 weeks after class and includes Advanced Nutrition and Pattern Management of Blood Glucoses
- Follow-up education to reinforce diabetes education and monitor progress by visit, phone or mail.
- Foot screening
- HbA1C testing
Other Services Include:
- Gestational Diabetes Class
- Insulin Pump Training
- Support Group Meetings offered monthly to provide support and ongoing information on diabetes management. For your convenience, the same staff and program are offered at: