Preparation for Breastfeeding | Ascension Saint Mary - Kankakee
Learn how to breastfeed your newborn, use a breast pump, store breast milk and other pro tips from a lactation educator.
Discover the benefits of breastfeeding with a lactation educator during this in person class. Recommended for women in the third trimester of pregnancy. This lactation support class sets you and your newborn up for success. Sharing the latest breastfeeding tips and basics, your counselor will answer your questions and address any concerns. By the end of class, you’ll be ready to get started and enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime bonding experience with your baby.
Key topics include:
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Latching and positioning
- Troubleshooting common breastfeeding problems
- How to recognize if your baby is getting enough milk
- Ways to increase breast milk supply
- Returning to work and pumping
- Breast milk storage