Learn how to breastfeed your newborn, use a breast pump, store breast milk and other pro tips!
Discover the benefits of breastfeeding during this virtual class. Designed for women in the seventh to eighth month of pregnancy, this lactation support class sets you and your newborn up for success. Sharing the latest breastfeeding tips and basics, your instructor will answer your questions and address any concerns. By the end of class, you’ll be ready to get started and enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime bonding experience with your baby.
Key topics include:
- Latching and positioning
- Troubleshooting common breastfeeding problems
- How to recognize if your baby is getting enough milk
- How to choose, obtain and operate a breast pump
- Breast milk storage
- Ways to increase breast milk supply
- Foods to eat (and avoid) while breastfeeding
This class is for patients delivering at Ascension Saint Alexius or Ascension Alexian Brothers.
Registration includes both baby's mother and her partner.
Please provide a valid email address so we may send you a Zoom link 1-2 days before the class.