ATLS® is a program that was developed by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma with the aim to improve care provided to injured patients. This course approaches trauma care in an organized and systematic manner. Focus is given to care provided during the “first hour”. Initial assessment and primary management of the patient is emphasized, starting at the time of injury and continuing through initial assessment, intervention, reevaluation, stabilization and transfer to a trauma center for definitive care.
This is a 2 day course comprised of didactic and skills stations. You must attend both days to receive credit for the course.
• Assess the patient’s condition rapidly and accurately
• Resuscitate and stabilize the patient according to priority
• Determine whether the patient’s needs exceed a facilities resources and capabilities
• Arrange for the appropriate inter-hospital transfer for definitive care
• Ensure that optimum care is provided
• Initial Assessment and Management
• Airway and Ventilatory Management
• Thoracic Trauma
• Abdominal and Pelvic Trauma
• Head Trauma
• Spine and Spinal Cord Trauma
• Musculoskeletal Trauma
• Thermal Injuries
• Pediatric Trauma
• Geriatric Trauma
• Trauma in Pregnancy and Intimate Partner Violence
• Transfer to Definitive Care
A refund will be given if a cancellation request is received 45 days prior to the start of the class/program. A full refund will be given for any class cancelled by the site.
Social distancing and masks may be required for this course.
Online registration on THIS PAGE available to physician providers ONLY.
APPs (PA & NP) please proceed to https://ascension-tx.regfox.com/2023-atls-app-registration for registration
Auditors, please contact course coordinator at email@example.com