Cerner Acute Provider Training March-April 2022
This class is an introduction to Cerner for all physicians, advanced practice providers, residents and medical students who will be caring for patients in the acute hospital setting. Cerner is Ascension St. John electronic health record.
Class dates are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 to 3:00 PM. Holiday schedules may change training dates.
During class you will:
- Log into your Cerner account and set up your patient list and provider note type preferences.
- Learn basic chart navigation and basic Cerner functionality.
- View labs, diagnostics reports, and diagnostic images
- Review/practice medication reconciliation
- Review/practice computerized provider order entry (CPOE)
- Review/ practice provider note documentation
- Review/practice the discharge process
- Discuss additional tools : PC touch(Cerner Mobile), PerfectServe, and Dragon.
- Remote access (Duo authentication)
- MVD (tap in/tap out)
- E-prescribe home medications
- Enroll in Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS).
PLEASE BRING A VALID PHOTO ID AND MOBILE DEVICE and Download Imprivata ID prior to arrival
Please contact Clinical Informatics if you do not see a training time that meets your needs. Phone 918-744-3088 or email ClinicalInformaticsHospitals@sjmc.org
Cerner training classrooms are located on the Tulsa St. John Medical Center campus at the Mary K Chapman Health Plaza building.
If your class required payment, a refund will be given if a cancellation request is received 2 business days (48 hours) prior to the start of the class/program. A full refund will be given for any class cancelled by the site.