ATLS® is a program that was developed by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma with the aim to improve care provided to injured patients. This course approaches trauma care in an organized and systematic manner. Focus is given to care provided during the “first hour”. Initial assessment and primary management of the patient is emphasized, starting at the time of injury and continuing through initial assessment, intervention, reevaluation, stabilization and transfer to a trauma center for definitive care.
This is a 2 day course comprised of didactic and skills stations. You must attend both days to receive credit for the course.
• Assess the patient’s condition rapidly and accurately
• Resuscitate and stabilize the patient according to priority
• Determine whether the patient’s needs exceed a facilities resources and capabilities
• Arrange for the appropriate inter-hospital transfer for definitive care
• Ensure that optimum care is provided
• Initial Assessment and Management
• Airway and Ventilatory Management
• Thoracic and Abdominal Trauma
• Head and Spine Trauma
• Musculoskeletal Trauma
• Injuries due to Burns and Cold
• Pediatric Trauma
• Geriatric Trauma
• Trauma in Women
• Transfer to Definitive Care
A refund will be given if a cancellation request is received 45 days prior to the start of the class/program. A full refund will be given for any class cancelled by the site.
Social distancing and face coverings are required for this course. You must be free of COVID19 symptoms and will have your temperature checked prior to entering the education facility.
THIS PAGE IS FOR APPs (PA & NP) ONLY! If you are a MD or DO, please register via this link https://ascension-tx.regfox.com/atls-advanced-trauma-life-support-2021