Covering the first few weeks postpartum, Our Understanding Mother & Baby Care program supports the continued health of mom and baby as they make the transition from hospital to home. This program includes important information including postpartum recovery tips, breastfeeding basics, newborn care, and when to call healthcare providers.
- Caring for Your Baby -- Diapering, circumcision & cord care, signs of infection, jaundice, well-baby visits, keeping baby healthy, bathing, car seats & hot car safety, SIDS, crying & abusive head trauma, when to call your healthcare provider/call 911
- Feeding Your Baby -- Skin to skin, breastfeeding basics, feed often, hunger cues, latching, preventing engorgement, formula feeding, when to call your healthcare provider/call 911
- Taking Care of Mom -- Involution, lochia, perineal care, Kegels, cesarean care, baby blues & postpartum mood disorders, when to call your healthcare provider/call 911 .
- Videos, animations, and optional read-along audio
- Quizzes, interactive exercises, notes pages, and extended activities
- Essential tools, including a birth plan checklist and contraction timer
- Audio library with soothing sounds, lullabies, and relaxation exercises
- PDF library, glossary, and web links
- Class completion certificate
How it works:
You can complete the modules at your own pace. Four to five hours are recommended for the completion of the newborn care class material and you may do this in several shorter sessions. Your partner is encouraged to participate in the online class with you!
In addition, you will have the ability to reach out to our St. Vincent's Childbirth instructors to ask follow up questions and continue the conversation. While we will miss our ability to work with you in person during this time, we absolutely will remain continuous resources for you as we always have been..
Please follow the two steps below to complete registration and payment.
- To register and pay for this class, please click a date below and click register (it doesn’t really matter what day you choose since the class is online and you can take at your convenience).
- We will email you with your log in instructions within 2 business days. If you have Gmail, please check your junk mail if you don’t see an email in your inbox.
- You will have access to the class for 270 days