Via Christi Foundation, Inc.
Via Christi Foundation serves the Ascension Via Christi mission of providing healthcare to all, especially the poor and underserved. We are grateful to the many individuals and organizations who give so generously to help others.
Via Christi Foundation funds a variety of areas
Children's Miracle Network Hospital at Ascension Via Christi - Helping children throughout Kansas without regard to illness, ability to pay or physician’s hospital affiliation. More than 180,000 pediatric patients visited our hospitals and clinics served by Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals in fiscal year 2016.
Ascension Via Christi clinical services - Supporting hospital capital improvements including facility renovation and the purchase of equipment and technology. Dollars also support patient “extras” to improve the outcomes and services that patients receive during their care. Some areas supported include:
- Behavioral health
- Burn trauma unit support education
- Cancer wellness program
- Community cares and the transitional clinic
- Forensic nursing (human trafficking prevention, elderly abuse, child abuse)
Care for the vulnerable - Supporting projects to benefit people in our community including the ill, the poor, children and seniors, as impelled by the Gospel imperative, “Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers and sisters, you do to me” (Matthew 25:40). Some of these include:
- Ascension Via Christi Cancer Institute offers the latest treatments in a comforting environment designed to provide the ideal patient and family experience.
- Prevention-focused activities such as Safe Kids Coalition, car seat safety and senior wellness programs.
- International Family Medicine Fellowship prepares physicians to serve the poorest, most underserved people in the world.
- In fiscal year 2016, 3,164 financially struggling patients received assistance.
Professional clinical development - Supporting educational activities for nurses, medical technicians and other hospital clinical staff.
Make a donation
Your generous support of the foundation helps us make all this possible. To make a cash gift, contact Via Christi Foundation at 316-239-3520 or donate online.
Via Christi Foundation Nonprofit Employer Identification Number is #36-4943550.