About Mount Carmel Foundation
The Mount Carmel Foundation was established in 1983 by a group of local citizens committed to maintaining quality healthcare for Southeast Kansas with the purpose of supporting Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg. The Foundation continues to be led by a local board committed to raising funds that stay locally to support the hospital.
The purpose of the Foundation is to raise funds through philanthropy, grants, planned giving, and special events to enhance the quality of healthcare in southeast Kansas. The Foundation has made a significant impact for Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg and Southeast Kansas.
Over the past 30 years, the Mount Carmel foundation has donated more than $4.8 million to Ascension Via Christi Hospital for cutting-edge technology, equipment and programs, including:
- $700,000 in fundraising for the Dr. M.K. Parsi Women's Center
- The purchase of the advanced patient lift system for the Cardiac Step-Down Unit
- Cardiology ultrasound equipment
- New equipment for the Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Room and Imaging Center for Women
- Refurbishing patient rooms with new furniture
- Purchase of ultrasound equipment in the Heart Center
- Emergency Room renovations
- 3D Mammography
Mount Carmel Foundation mission statement
To secure and extend financial assistance to the operation, maintenance, facilities and services of Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg, and to contribute to healthcare and maintenance of the people of southeast Kansas and the surrounding region.
Special giving programs
- Guardian Angel Program — Given to thank hospital physicians, nurses or other employees that helped make your experience the best it can be and gave excellent care.
- Annual giving — Both one-time and ongoing yearly contributions.
- Memorial gifts — A way to remember someone in a unique way after they have passed away.
- Tribute gifts — Given in honor of someone as a gift for family, friends, co-workers or caregivers.
- Planned gifts — An opportunity to give after death to support the healthcare needs of others.
- Legacy Society — An endowed fund created to support the greatest needs of the hospital.
- Naming opportunities — Opportunity to give and name areas within the hospital.
- Special events — Annual Gala, Paint It All Pink, Book Fairs, Remember Me Tree and Breakfast with Santa.
P.O. Box 1173
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Board of Directors
Jason Poentiske - President
Lori Ann Spachek - Vice President
Johnna Norton - Executive Director/Secretary
Devin Gorman - Treasurer
Titus Weller, MD
Jacqueline Youtsos, MD