da Vinci® Robotic Surgery Offers Faster Recovery
At Ascension, you have all the advantages of minimally invasive surgery with the da Vinci® Surgical System.
da Vinci Robotic Surgery Offers Patients in Wisconsin Smaller Incisions Faster Recovery Time
A sophisticated device designed to translate a surgeon’s hand movements into precise movements of the instruments, the da Vinci system allows our skilled surgeons to perform minimally invasive, complex surgical procedures, resulting in many potential benefits for patients.
Benefits of Robotic Surgery
The da Vinci system offers numerous potential benefits over traditional open surgery, including:
- Smaller incisions
- Minimal scarring
- Reduced blood loss
- Reduced pain and discomfort
- Fewer post-operative infections and complications
- Shorter hospital stays and faster recovery time
Types of Robotic-Assisted Surgical Procedures
At Ascension, we offer the following robotic surgery options:
- General surgery
- Urologic surgery such as prostatectomy
- Gynecologic such as hysterectomy
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) surgery
How Robotic Surgery Works
- Using high-resolution 3D viewers, surgeons can target the anatomy at high magnification, in brilliant color and with natural depth of field—making the procedure more accurate and improving your outcome.
- To perform a procedure, the surgeon uses the console’s master controls to maneuver robotic arms and a high-magnification endoscopic camera. Mimicking the physician’s hand movements, the robotic instruments exceed the natural range of motion of the human hand, and motion scaling and tremor reduction further refine the surgeon’s hand movements. The result is another option for patients for a number of surgical procedures previously performed only through open incisions.
For More Information
Our robotic surgery offerings are continually expanding. Ask your physician if robotic surgery is right for you.
Howard Young Medical Center
In North Wisconsin, Ascension Howard Young Medical Center offers Women’s Birth Center, ER, Medical Group at Woodruff and Marshfield Specialty Center.
Ascension St. Clare's Hospital
Ascension St. Clare's Hospital offers exceptional primary and specialty care and is nationally recognized for treatment of heart attack patients.