Connecting with Seniors in South Alabama
Providence Hospital’s Senior Spirit! is a special program for adults age 55 years and older.
Senior Services at Providence
Providence Hospital Senior Spirit! helps community members 55 years and older become better informed about health issues through seminars, screenings and connections to local resources. For more information or to register for a Senior Spirit! membership, call 877-416-1620. You must be at least 55 years old to join.
Membership for Senior Spirit! is available at no cost, and qualified members receive the following:
- Seminars by local physicians and health professionals.
- Special inpatient benefits, such as a “Get Well” gift delivered to your room when admitted to the hospital and three meal tickets for your family members or friends to use.
- Cafeteria meal discounts when you present your membership card to the cashier at the Providence Hospital cafeteria.
- Quarterly calendar of events mailed to your home
Special Discounts and Access to Programs Designed for Seniors
- Discounted rates for the adult wellness program at the Providence Rehabilitation and Wellness Center
- Discounted rates for CareLink, an emergency alert and response system
Free Pharmacy Discount Card
Senior Spirit! members are eligible for a prescription discount card from CVS Caremark. All major retail pharmacy chains such as Walgreens, CVS and Wal-Mart accept this prescription discount card. One card applies to your entire family – including your pet.
This is not an insurance plan, but a prescription discount program. The card provides immediate discounts at the pharmacy. Upon presenting your card to the pharmacist, you will pay the lower of a discounted price or the pharmacy’s regular retail price.
Your card cannot be used in conjunction with other insurance; however, use your card to purchase prescriptions that are not covered by these plans. For more information, call the Seniors Services office at 251-266-1366, or visit www.caremark.com to locate a participating pharmacy near you.