Speech-Language Pathology for All Ages
Ascension Wisconsin hospitals in the Milwaukee area, Fox Valley, and Northwoods regions provide personalized speech therapy for children and adults.
Speech Therapy at Ascension Wisconsin
Ascension Wisconsin’s highly skilled speech-language pathologists customize therapy for children and adults with communication, cognitive, breathing, voice, and/or swallowing impairments. Our hospitals and clinics throughout Wisconsin bring individualized speech therapy services closer to home. Ascension speech-language pathology services are available for children and adults at our hospitals, pediatric therapy centers, and outpatient clinics. In Wisconsin, a patient can self-refer for up to 30 days for speech therapy services without a doctor's order.
Many behavioral health or medical conditions can affect your voice, communication, and swallowing.
- Neurological speech disorders after a stroke, brain tumor, or traumatic brain injury
- Parkinson’s - trained and certified speech-language pathologists utilize the LSVT LOUD program
- Speech and language development
- Swallowing disorders in newborns, children and adults
- Vocal cord dysfunction due to polyps, vocal cord paralysis, vocal nodules, voice misuse and breathing problems
- Voice rehabilitation after a laryngectomy due to head or neck cancer
- Voice retraining after a tracheotomy
Our licensed speech-language pathologists complete a thorough evaluation. They will then educate you and your family about your condition and treatment options. As part of Ascension Rehabilitation Services*, we coordinate all treatments with other therapies, such as physical and/or occupational therapy, to make it convenient for you.
Your care team at Ascension Wisconsin understands the physical and mental struggles that may accompany your condition. We provide care that focuses on your total well-being.
- Learning to Speak Again After Laryngeal Surgery
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Milestones of Speech in Children
- Supporting a Loved One Who Has Dysarthria
New Pre-Pay Program for Therapy Services
Don’t let rapidly changing healthcare insurance plans stop you from getting the physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech-language services you need. The Ascension Wisconsin Rehabilitation pre-pay program enables you to pay for services rendered with check, cash, or credit card for a very affordable price.
This option provides greater flexibility for patients with different types of insurance coverage:
- High deductibles
- A treatment plan that requires limited therapy visits
- Services not covered by your insurance plan, for example, dry needling or some pediatric therapies
- Self-pay based on your needs at that time
Patients of all ages can participate in the pre-pay program. For more information, contact an Ascension Wisconsin Rehabilitation Clinic or Hospital near you.
*Not all services are available in all areas. Please call your local Ascension Rehabilitation Department for more information.
Ascension Medical Group at Ninth Avenue
In northeastern Wisconsin, Ascension Medical Group at Ninth Avenue has a team of highly experienced primary care doctors and specialists.
Make an Appointment
Ascension St. Mary's Hospital
In northern Wisconsin, Ascension St. Mary's Hospital provides compassionate, personalized care, including the Marshfield Clinic for specialty care.
Make an Appointment
Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital Milwaukee
To get great care for your everyday life, visit our convenient location where you’ll receive compassionate, personalized care.