Help for chronic pain in a supportive environment
Pain management doctors at Ascension Via Christi in Wichita and Manhattan, Kansas, diagnose and treat chronic pain.
Pain management care in Wichita and Manhattan
Living with chronic pain can be physically and emotionally draining. At Ascension Via Christi, our care teams specialize in non-surgical interventional treatment for post-surgery pain, spine and nerve conditions and more.
Our pain management care team listens to you to understand your health concerns, so we can treat the cause of the pain, not just the symptom. Then, we work together to create a care plan that’s right for you.
Our experienced doctors provide pain relief options in a positive and supportive environment.
To learn more about treatment options, call:
Symptoms of chronic pain
Our pain management specialists treat a range of chronic pain symptoms that affect your joints, muscles and nerves, including:
• Persistent post-surgical pain
- pain after knee replacements
- hernia repairs
- carpal tunnel
- post-amputation pain
- pain after trauma
• Spinal stenosis
• Degenerative disc disease
• Vertebral compression fractures
• Herniated discs or pinched nerves
Pain can be sharp, dull or cause a burning or throbbing sensation that radiates to other parts of the body. Chronic pain can also cause poor sleep, fatigue, lack of stamina and mood problems. Our doctors specialize in controlling pain symptoms to help your body heal. We’re here to help improve your quality of life.
Minimally invasive options that treat the cause of your pain
We provide non-opioid and non-invasive treatments that avoid traditional open surgery. Minimally invasive procedures use tiny incisions. This surgical approach helps shorten your recovery time and lower your risk of infection. We also provide injections and medications to help manage your pain. Our care teams deliver personalized treatment options at both our Wichita and Manhattan locations.
Treatment options in Wichita:
- DRG stimulators
- Epidural steroid injection
- Indirect decompression systems, including Superion
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression
- Minimally invasive SI joint fusion, including CornerLoc
- Radiofrequency ablation, including Intracept
- Spinal cord stimulators
Treatment options in Manhattan:
- Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar epidural steroid injections
- Dorsal column stimulator trials and permanent implantations
- Epidural adhesiolysis (for lumbar post-laminectomy syndrome or failed back surgery syndrome)
- Facet injections/medial branch blocks
- Head/neck blocks (sphenopalatine ganglion, trigeminal nerve, occipital nerve)
- Intercostal nerve blocks/RFA
- Knee, hip and shoulder intra-articular injections
- Major/minor bursa injections
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Peripheral nerve RFAs
- Radiofrequency ablation for facet joint/medial branch nerves
- Sympathetic blocks (stellate, celiac, lumbar sympathetic, ganglion impar, superior hypogastric plexus)
- Sympathetic ganglion radiofrequency ablation or alcohol neurolysis
- Trigger point Injections
- Ultrasound and fluoroscopic approaches for any of these procedures when appropriate
- Viscosupplementation (synvisc/orthovisc/euflexxa) for the knee
Ascension Medical Group Via Christi on Founders' Circle
Ascension Medical Group Via Christi on Founders' Circle provides a wide range of specialties and services:
Make an Appointment
Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan
Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan is a healthcare leader serving northeastern Kansas with 150 physicians, 500 employees and 300 volunteers.
Make an Appointment