Specialty care for orthopedics and joint care
Ascension Seton's orthopedic programs provide experienced bone and joint care for patients throughout Central Texas.
Bone and Joint Care in Central Texas
Take the first step toward living with less pain
At Ascension Seton, our goal is to get you back to living with less pain. We take the time to get to know you, to better understand you and your health so that we can provide the right orthopedic care for you.
Our comprehensive, total joint care services range from imaging to joint pain education and physical therapy to surgical services. If you and your doctor decide that orthopedic surgery is right for you, we use the latest surgical techniques and are with you every step of the way through your recovery. When the healing process has begun, our highly trained rehabilitation specialists will help you to set recovery goals and show you how to attain them. We aim to get you back to the everyday activities you enjoy with less pain.
Specialty Programs and Services
- Foot and Ankle
- Hand and Wrist
- Joint Replacement and Reconstruction
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Bone & Joint Center
- Shoulder and Elbow
- Sports Medicine
The Bone & Joint Center specializes in care and education for those patients receiving total hip or total knee replacement. In collaboration with our orthopedic surgeons, our health care team provides exemplary orthopedic care and services to our patients. We are an interdisciplinary team driven to achieve high quality patient outcomes with a focus on patient safety, satisfaction and prevention of complications.
Ascension Seton Bone & Joint Center is the only program of its type in Central Texas to receive The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for orthopedic joint replacement. This prestigious designation represents a rigorous compliance with consensus-based national standards, effective and consistent use of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and a range of several performance measures. We perform over 900 hip and knee replacements each year and are consistently successful with excellent patient outcomes.
The Bone & Joint Center was created to meet the increasing needs of the community for pre-operative education. We know that patients who are prepared before surgery are more independent afterward. Our program includes:
- Unique comprehensive patient and family-centered approach to quality care
- Pre-operative instruction and materials to educate patients and their families
- Emphasis on post-operative customization as each patient prepares for discharge
- Certified orthopedic staff who coordinate the program and explain what the patient can expect before, during and after surgery
Our program encompasses a group of experienced medical and nursing professionals, all dedicated to providing patients with a coordinated approach to treatment and recovery. The patient and family needs are always at the center of the plan. Team members include
- Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeons
- Physical and Occupational Therapists who emphasize the importance of therapy to improve function and restore strength
- Pre-Surgical and Surgical Staff
- Orthopedic Nursing Staff
- Case Management/Social Services who specialize in discharge planning
The Bone & Joint Center is recognized by Aetna Insurance as an Institute of Quality® for orthopedic and spine care based upon clinical performance, patient access and pricing efficiencies. The designation is also based upon our history of providing a full range of procedures and comprehensive care along with high-quality expertise and patient safety.
Locations That Offer These Services:
- Dell Ascension Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas
- Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin
- Ascension Seton Highland Lakes Hospital
- Ascension Seton Northwest Hospital
- Ascension Seton Southwest Hospital
- Ascension Seton Medical Center Williamson
- Ascension Seton Medical Center Hays
Ascension Seton Northwest
To get great care for your everyday life, Ascension Seton Northwest Hospital provides compassionate, personalized care.
Ascension Medical Group Georgetown
Ascension Seton Family of Doctors at Georgetown has family medicine doctors and nurse practitioners to care for you closer to home.
Make an Appointment
Ascension Medical Group Round Rock
Ascension Seton Family of Doctors at Round Rock has family medicine doctors and nurse practitioners to care for you closer to home.
Make an Appointment
Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin
In Central Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin is a leading medical and surgical acute care center and heart transplant surgery program.