Hypnobirthing Has Many Relaxation Benefits
In the Oshkosh, Wisconsin area, expectant mothers are learning about hypnobirthing. This childbirth technique promotes a natural, stress-free birth.
Maternity Services Hypno-birthing
At Ascension Mercy Hospital, we offer many types of personalized birth plans. Learn now to achieve a relaxing and stress-free birth. Call our NurseDirect line, 1-800-362-9900 to register for a hypnobirthing class. The five-week series meets weekly.
Hypnobirthing is one aspect of a natural, medication-free birth. Applying relaxation to your daily routine during pregnancy is a positive, healthy addition to your prenatal care. During labor, women who use the hypnobirthing techniques generally achieve a gentler birth with less stress on you and your baby.
Our certified, Hypnobirthing childbirth educators teaches you special breathing, relaxation, visualization, meditative practices, attention to nutrition, and positive body toning. At Mercy Hospital, we create a supportive, nurturing environment for you, your baby and your entire family.
The women who use these techniques also apply them when breastfeeding and juggling parenting and work commitments. Hypnobirthing is a holistic approach to healthcare for the body, mind and spirit.
Every class participant receives the Marie Mongan HypnoBirthing Manual, a CD and digital download of relaxation exercises. The class includes discussion, film and covers many topics:
- Achieving an easier and more comfortable birth
- Overcoming the myth that pain is a necessary part of labor
- Deep relaxation techniques to help eliminate fear, tension and pain
- Using your body’s natural design to conceive, nurture and birth your baby
- Creating your body’s own natural epidural
- Natural ways to bring your body into labor without artificial chemical induction
- Creating caring, serene, and joyful birthing for you and your partner
- How to breathe during labor and avoid hard physical pushing
The fee associated with this class may be covered by your health insurance. Network Health Plan of Wisconsin includes Hypnobirthing as a covered childbirth education benefit. Please check with your insurance plan to determine your coverage.